Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC Request

plusnetsux
Grafter

MAC Request

Hi

What's the average response time for MAC request tickets? I requested a MAC 10 hours ago and have had no response.. Ticket ID 21452620 . Need this MAC code to sign up to a new ISP.

Many Thanks,

Andrew
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

MAC Request

Usually within a day but it can take longer and if you're on LLU it can be a few days due to Tiscali not having an automated system for PN to get MACs.

Its also the weekend which means less staff available so can take longer.
N/A

MAC Request

Bear in mind that in order to complete the link:censored, plus.net will charge you their 30 day cancellation fee irrespective of when you migrate out.

So as I migrated pretty much as soon as I got my MAC (which took 13 days to arrive) so I think they're planning on charging me for another 3 weeks of "service".

[Moderator's note by chillypenguin: Inappropriate language removed from post.]
Community Veteran

MAC Request

varshaandjon

Your 30 day notice period will start from the date that you first requested your MAC code, and it was your choice to migrate before the end of the 30 day period.

Chilly
N/A

MAC Request

Thanks, I'd assumed that the MAC system works in a similar fashion to the PAC codes for porting mobile phone contracts i.e the accounting and service are linked and crossover at the same time. That's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes, I should have consulted the appropriate T&Cs. This information could easily be supplied with the delivery of the MAC code, but it isn't.

I guess it's just another one of those funny misunderstandings where Plus.net seem to end up quids in.
m00nie
Grafter

MAC Request

i recieved my mac key the other day as think im going to have to leave Cry , with me requesting it is taht me giving my notice or do i have to also let them know? ive read i tell them once i have left, what happens also if i dont leave within the 30? days the mac key is valid for?

so many questions in one sorry..
Community Veteran

MAC Request

The date you request your MAC is the date your 30 day notice period starts within which normal monthly payments must be paid as detailed in the T&C.

If you don't use the MAC within 30 days it expires and things continue as if you never requested it. Requesting a MAC does not mean your account will be closed after 30 days.

BT Wholesale should inform the losing ISP when a migration occurs but this does not always happen, so it is always best to let PN know when your migration does complete.
Mand
Grafter

MAC Request

Hi there,

As Peter has said the 30 day notice period will start from the day you request the MAC. If you have overpaid once the migration has completed (ie more than 30 days) then we will refund any payment made outside of the notice period.

It's always worth letting us know that the migration is complete, as some of the reports have taken some time to get to us from BTW, in addition to the ones which just didn't turn up.