cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC Request & "Customer Support Centre"

N/A

Hi, due to the fact that my PlusNet account bears no resemblance to what I originally signed up to in August 2004 and the final straw being Usenet usage being "Prioritised" at the bottom of the queue I applied for my MAC number on Wednesday 21st Sept at 10.23
I looked at a print of my original connection settings and noticed that PlusNet were advertising themselves as " Broadband ADSL and Unmetered Internet Service Provider for Home and Business" --- that was in August 2004 -- how things have gone down hill since then.

I've heard nothing from PlusNet since requesting my MAC ( currently 3.10 pm Friday 23rd Sept)
There is just a message below my MAC request ticket from "Customer Support Centre" at 12.12 on the day that I requested the MAC which says
"Unable to contact customer regarding retention process -- please re-chase"
Now the thing is I've been at home all this week and I was certainly in at 12.12 on Wednesday, but more than that PlusNet have several methods of contact they can use at any time including email.

There's no hope of me being interested in their "retention process", but I can understand that PlusNet's current policies have led them to be flooded with requests from unhappy customers asking for MACs and therefore they are busy people.

I'd like to know what the current estimated wait for having my MAC request dealt with by "Customer Support".

Thanks.
(Ticket No. 17605632)
22 REPLIES
N/A

received mine within 1 day.
N/A

i got mine within 2 hours.

i think the key is to download loads and loads so when you request the MAC, the more you download the quicker you get it

:lol:
N/A

i got mine within 2 hours.

i think the key is to download loads and loads so when you request the MAC, the more you download the quicker you get it

:lol:

Thanks Mac, I've used 28 and 33 GB in the last two months respectively and my highest monthly download in the last 12 months while being a PlusNet customer was 58 GB which was mainly due to my news reader going into a loop and downloading the same stuff over and over for a couple of days which turned out to be a MODE READER command issue.

Those figures shouldn't break the PlusNet bank but I'm off to another ISP any way.
Pathfinder
Grafter

Bye. Miss ya. Cry
N/A

I requested a MAC by raising a ticket on 22/09 at 17.05.
Still waiting on it.
Do you request it by raising a ticket or by some other method?
N/A

As I understand it, you can only request a mac by the ticket system.
Metalguru
Grafter

I sent a "contact us" thingy yesterday at about 7pm asking to pack in my broadband account.

I don't need a MAC cos I'm now on cable.

I've heard nothing from them.

Even worse ........... .Ben Brown (in another thread) tells me I'm stuck with paying my next S/O to them, and they keep my connection on 'till that billing period ends.

I'm considering jumping the wire on my motorbike.
N/A

This whole thing is getting way outta control. I thought I was joining an ISP who put customer service at the top of their priorities.
I have been stuck with a 1mb connection when I am paying for ..and able to receive....a 2mb connection.
I don't know an awful lot about the traffic shaping / throttling thingy...but I do know I got much better download speeds on a 512k connection with Tiscali on P2P.
Also by the time I download a map on Counterstrike Source the round is over and a new map needs to be downloaded and I stll haven't connected to the server. My mates on Teamspeak are laughing their asses off at me and cannot believe that I signed up with Plusnet.
All because I went for the cheap deal.
Well, it's an old saying but " if something looks too good to be true, then it usually is", and jeez how I know it.
Now I'm feeling like a bloody hostage and have to negotiate a way out of here.

In the words of Engelbert Humperdink....Please release me....aaahhhhh! ya all know the rest.
N/A

I requested a MAC by raising a ticket on 22/09 at 17.05.
Still waiting on it.
Do you request it by raising a ticket or by some other method?

Yes, I raised a ticket via the contact us section.
I'm fairly certain PlusNet have been flooded with MAc requests, but that's their fault.
When I migrated from BTY in 2004 I got my MAC on the same day that I placed the request.
N/A

Dose anyone know if the 30 days begins on the day you request your MAC or from the day you get it?
N/A

It should begin from the time it is submitted although i think i read somewhere it can begin from the confimation of receipt.
Metalguru
Grafter

In an earlier thread today, Ben B told me that he would have to speak to someone on Monday, before he could sort out this confusion.
N/A

well.. reqeusted my MAC at 14.20 today........ got a reply and my MAC through the ticket service at just b4 8pm........ Smiley
N/A

well.. reqeusted my MAC at 14.20 today........ got a reply and my MAC through the ticket service at just b4 8pm........ Smiley

Good to hear that Plusnet are indeed processing MAC requests, I had started to fear that PlusNet were rationing MACs. Lets hope I get mine tomorrow.

I've been in touch with Zen to ask a few questions & I had a reply the same day from Enzo confirming the package I need to migrate to.