cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC Key farce - Complaint raised

N/A

Evil
Raised a call to get a MAC key in early August, they did not provide one and closed my call without notification. Raised a new call (28th Aug) requesting a MAC key, they responded with "our supplier is having technical difficulties" !!. Now 13th Sep I have been forced to raise a complaint with CISAS in attempt to get PLUSNET to give me a MAC key.
Anyone else feel like they are being held against their will ?.
I can't help feeling a bit sad at the demise of PlusNet, sooner I am out the better.
20 REPLIES
N/A

Got my MAC KEY with in 7 days thank god. Plusnet have gone so bad i cant wait to get out Shockedops:
N/A

Hi, can you tell me when you requested yours ?, may give me some more ammo.

Thanks
N/A

Some things to remember:

Plusnet are under no obligation to issue MAC keys - it's completely voluntary.

Generated LLU MAC keys are currently not working (PN's supplier is creating invalid MAC keys for some reason).

So you may well be waiting longer than 7 days.

If you want to move anyway, you can always ask for a cease, and get your new ISP to re-provide, then you don't need a mac.
N/A

I got mine in a few hours!
Waiting for SKYBB now.
N/A

So you may well be waiting longer than 7 days.

You will certainly have to wait more than 7 days, I am at 8 days and counting so far to get my LLU MAC, with no end anywhere in sight yet Evil

Furthermore, does anyone know whether Plusnet are back on track with issuing LLU Macs - I know there was a hold up a week or two ago, but I thought that had been sorted?
N/A

I got a reply to my ticket yesterday saying that Tiscali are still having "technical issues" with regards to issuing MACs - they can issue them, but they are simply corrupt and unusable.
N/A

There taking the p## mate. If i was you and they wont send a MAK KEY to you ask for a Cease date. Dont pay them anymore money by them keeping you hanging on..
N/A

I migrated on the 6th of the month. I am still waiting for a refund on my direct debit. I have had no amswers to my tickets and no answers on here so I am afraid don't hold you breath.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Furthermore, does anyone know whether Plusnet are back on track with issuing LLU Macs - I know there was a hold up a week or two ago, but I thought that had been sorted?

The LLU MAC process is very much a manual process and is currently only a trial, as such delays can happen because of problems in the process. One of these delays has meant that some people are waiting longer than normal to get the MACS, although we are expecting the next batch through Monday/Tuesday.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

I migrated on the 6th of the month. I am still waiting for a refund on my direct debit. I have had no amswers to my tickets and no answers on here so I am afraid don't hold you breath.

I've passed the ticket on for you.
craigbrass
Grafter

To be honest, the thing that annoys me is LLU was permitted to go ahead without this. First the back end stuff (like LLU MACs) should of been implemented BEFORE LLU was permitted to go ahead!

All these MAC problems wouldn't occour if this was the case.
N/A

Back in the early days IIRC we had the same issue with getting BT and ISP's to set up the current IPStream MAC system.

Only recently has it been commonplace for MAC's to be raised inside 7 days, I believe not too long ago it would take much longer.
carrot63
Grafter

Back in the early days IIRC we had the same issue with getting BT and ISP's to set up the current IPStream MAC system.

If we had a regulator worthy of the name, such obviously reasonable things as MAC's would ne given rather than a voluntarily bestowed gift.
crimsone
Grafter

OFCOM are talking about just that - http://www.ofcom.org.uk/media/news/2006/08/nr_20060817