cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC KEY

N/A

MAC KEY

Requested my MAC key at 17.19 today due to the USENET issues. I received a reply 3 minutes later, can they do anything to prevent me leaving. I said no.

Is there a reason why my MAC key wasn't sent a further 3 minutes after, like the original reply. Any idea why I am still waiting.
17 REPLIES
N/A

MAC KEY

Just requested my MAC about 10 mins ago. The only thing that would make me stay would be a 30 - 35GB cap. I mostly wouldn't use it but I want the freedom to be able to download what i want (even if its off peak) I'm happy that I have made the decison to leave. When you look at the hard facts it's a no brainer really. It's just a shame that what used to be a decent ISP has been ruined by greed.
N/A

Re: MAC KEY

Requested my MAC key at 17.19 today due to the USENET issues. I received a reply 3 minutes later, can they do anything to prevent me leaving. I said no.

Is there a reason why my MAC key wasn't sent a further 3 minutes after, like the original reply. Any idea why I am still waiting.

You cant expect them to reply and give your MAC within the same period of time they did first time. There could be millions of reasons why they didnt get back to you there and then.

Also, since they sent you a reply it would have been 17.22 and im guessing whoever it was turned off his computer and went home :lol: They maybe finish work at 5.30pm?
N/A

MAC KEY

Sorry to be such a dumbo, do you simply raise a support call to get your MAC Key?

Thanks
N/A

MAC KEY

Hi sturburville

You need to raise a ticket. go to help then the contact us part and New query and when the window pops up select account changes then cancel/migrate account, you should be ok from there, but check how much it will cost you to leave Wink
N/A

MAC KEY

Probably taking that long as they have such a backlog of them to give out at the minute..............................

Wink
N/A

MAC KEY

Thanks for that.
I've been with +net for a few years and paid up everything so I should not surely be billed for anything should I?

S
N/A

MAC KEY

Got my MAC and glad to be leaving soon, I just feel sorry for those who are locked into the annual contract. Hopefully my new ISP Freedom2surf will offer me what Plusnet used to be. It's only £3 a month more than Plusnet Premier a monthly contract and free migration, so if its no good (is excellent from what I have read) then I can change again
N/A

MAC KEY

I now have my MAC key and have typed it into Zen's web site.

How long does a migration take do you think? As I am on a 2mb line and moving to the same product type - I can't imagine it will take that long?

Suzanne
N/A

MAC KEY

How long does a migration take do you think? As I am on a 2mb line and moving to the same product type - I can't imagine it will take that long?

Suzanne

Well I'm paid up to the 3rd December. Phoned freedom2surf this morning and they said migration would be 5 - 10 working days from when I submit the MAC. So I will send them my MAC on about 19th/20th Nov
N/A

MAC KEY

Suzanne

I gave Zen my MAC code on Friday, and my migration completes today. It may even be waiting for me when I get home if I'm lucky Smiley It may have cost me a bit to do it straight away rather than take into account when my last payment to PN was, but frankly I just want out, and everything that's been said by PN in this forum since has convinced me I did the right thing.
N/A

MAC KEY

I have just paid for a month, will i get a part refund?
N/A

MAC KEY

Only for the days left after the 30 day notice period.

Didn't even ask me if there was anything they could to get me to stay but I did get a confirmation that if I didn't use my MAC then Plusnet would refund the £15 inward migration charge.

Off to Zen - probably put my migration in tomorrow.
N/A

See you all on Zen

Ordered today, ready monday. Must be a backlog with all the PN people leaving.
N/A

MAC KEY

I'm off to UK Online.