cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC KEY

N/A

MAC KEY

anybody any idea how long this takes to be emailed , i only asked for mine yesterday but i want out now , seems strange that when you are not thinking of leaving then plusnet are nice as pie to you , but as soon as you use the words" I WANT TO LEAVE PLUSNET" the voice on the phone changes and doesnt seem all that friendly anymore.

i want to leave plusnet , i need the mac key , i need it asap , because i want to get off of the ship before it hits the bottom of the sea and gets weighed down with its bandwidth limits.
19 REPLIES
N/A

MAC KEY

Mine only took a few days to come through, but I made the request through the website, rather than the phone, as I figured this would be quicker.

I also requested it as soon as I read the FUP, as I suspected that the requests would start to build up pretty quickly.

But in my case; no problem at all; they were as nice as pie.
N/A

MAC KEY

I understand PlusNet issues them within 7 days of request
N/A

MAC KEY

7 DAYS !!!!!! , how hard can it be to get the code and email it .

sums plusnet up really , when they want something from me it has to be done straight away but as soon as i want something then i have to wait and its tough if i dont like it.
Community Veteran

Surprise

You know it never ceases to amaze me how companies can be absolutley pathetic at customer service some times.

Overall my experience wth PN is very good. I have found their support to be good, if a little slow.

I went through a period some time ago where the referrals discount was not being applied to my account, only to be told it would be credited next month - guess what, it wasnt. So we had an action replay for next month - and the same thing hapened. They finaly did start applying my referrals discount again - but I never did see the money for a couple of months that they forgot about it.

7 days to provide you with information that can be sorted pretty quickly? You would have thought that given the current circumstances that plusnet would have put a dedicated team together to assist people in migrating away as quickly as possible.

If it shown that PN are able to assist professionaly right up to the point in leaving, then some of these customers may change their tune when they are subject to another ISP for a short time - they may remember the assistance they received here and come back?

First impressions count when trying to win customers, but last ones countalso when letting them go. A good "last" impression is ten times more likely to win customers back.

A bitter tatste when a customer leaves is a sure fire way never to get them back.

As I have said I am happy here at PN, and my usage so far this month is under 3GB, so FU doesnt bother me (apart from the fact I may only be able to receive 1MB and will be paying the same as someone who can get 2-8MB).

I think PN should do more to help the disgruntled customers - as they stand a good chance of getting them back if they do.
Community Veteran

MAC KEY

Yes but its UP TO 7 days, and they process them in a first come first served oder. I dont know how many they have got to do but I'd imagine they have quite a lot at the moment and also the people who can process mac codes generally don't work shifts.

Chris
N/A

MAC KEY

I also asked for my MAC code via the contact us portal.

If it is taking them 4 days simply to respond to some my other tickets you got to wonder if 7 days to wait for the MAC is probable.
Community Veteran

MAC KEY

I dont know how many they have got to do but I'd imagine they have quite a lot at the moment and also the people who can process mac codes generally don't work shifts.

AndHuh

And as I have said, helping people as much as they can given the current circumstances would be the correct thing to do.

Just becasue the people who normaly deal with it dont work shifts, then that cant be justified as a reason for not providing a more speedy service during the current circumstances.

The whole ADSL market is about to go through a very turbulent period, PN as an ISP have been fully aware of this for some time.

As an ex manager of an area of an IT helpdesk with some 300+ staff, the most appropriate thing to do, knowing full well that the number of people wishing to leave would be higher, would be to ensure that the "leaving" process was supported 24 hours a day with an improved speed.

Simply leaving the "status quo" in place during a period where it is expected that people wil be unhappy, and the numbers wishing to leave would be higher - is a first class way of leaving a bitter taste in the mouths of all customers leaving..

If the people who issue MAC codes dont work shifts, then get the people who do work shifts trained to deal with it out of hours - its not rocket science, and PN have had months to prepare for this.
Community Veteran

MAC KEY

As far as I know BT only allow a certain number of people to access it.

You have to also bear in mind there are also probably a massive amount of other support requests and information requirements from other customers, and since there is usually 30 days notice required to cancel your account the 7 days isnt a massive problem in most cases.

Chris
Community Veteran

MAC KEY

Another Moderator in bed with PlusNet.....

The fact of the matter is that PN knew that pressure on Customer Service during this period was going to be high - and from what I can glean on the forums - they have done little or nothing about it.

7 days may not be a problem for most, but those that it is a problem for have a valid point. Clearly we're not going to get anywhere, and by the time we have finished debating how PN customer Service can be improved, the chap will probably have had his MAC code and moved off to another ISP

It is just a shame that it appears he will be leaving with a sour opinion of PN.

Customers who are unhappy have just as much "word of mouth" pottential as customers who are happy. Did you know that someone who is unhappy with a product or company is ten times more likely to mention his findings to another person than someone who is happy.

How many times have conversations in pubs or other public places started with "I hate (company/product), you'll never guess what they did to me today"

or

"I think (company) are rubbish, they dont do this they dont do that"

Now think how many have started with "I think (company) are great, you want to have a look at this product - I used it and its great"

As a nation, we all preffer moaning about something than singing its praises, hence why in turbulent times companies should pay more attention to the customer service side of the business than ever before.

Just look how many threads have started since something that many people dont like has been announced?

Were the boards this busy when something good happenedHuh

Dont get me wrong, I think the service from PN is far and beyond what other companies offer, but this is no time to rest on their laurels..
N/A

MAC KEY

chesterfield , i can only agree with what you've said .

thing is , i dont want to leave but with a restriction of 30gb a month at peak times it leaves me with no choice.

i've got kids who use the net everyday and look at a lot of online stuff that goes towards the limit.

in one day alone they managed to use 4.5 gb and with the stuff i do on the net 30gb isnt going to last long , unless i stay up all night to do my surfing.

no doubt the isp i'll end up going to will probably in the near future impose the same restritions , but then i'll just move again.

but it would be nice to know i may want to come back if the situation with the limits changed.

the last day or 2 have left a nasty taste in my mouth and as it stands , i wouldnt come back to plusnet if it was free.
Community Veteran

MAC KEY

The chap has left because of cirumstances he cannot change.

should those circumstances change, this chap may want to come back.

Due to poor or lacking customer service during his final weeks with PN, he probably wont.

And on that point I rest my case for the immediate improvement of PN customer service, at least improving the service prvided to those leaving.
Community Veteran

MAC KEY

Another Moderator in bed with PlusNet.....

Chesterfeild, I resent that comment and find it offensive and unconstructive. All I am trying to do is illustrate some of the reasons as to why he is experiencing this delay in the hope that it helps him with the wait. I'm not making excuses for the delay or telling him it's a good thing that he has to wait.
Community Veteran

MAC KEY

Yes it really seems like you were provding an unbiassed view. Cheesy

Very sorry.

P.S.

All I am trying to do is illustrate some of the reasons as to how PN can prevent people experiencing this delay in the hope that it helps them improve customer perception.
N/A

Re: MAC KEY

i need it asap , because i want to get off of the ship before it hits the bottom of the sea and gets weighed down with its bandwidth limits.

It would be great if people would say where they are going, there are many people currently reviewing ISP's at the moment for the same reason.

Also when you leave, do you get demoted to a dial up account or is your acount gone?