cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC Codes

N/A

MAC Codes

i must say leaving plusnet is about as hard to do as getting emails delivered, but i must say its not there fault at all.

My Mac code was issued immediately which i was grateful for, but my activation date was monday, then as of today i had been told that the MAC code is invalid by BT. WHich puzzled me as i thought BT wholesale issued the codes them selves, unless im mistaken. SO is thats corrcet BTwholesale are saying the code issued by BTwholesale is wrong.

So stuck with plusnet until the 15th, god i think having a heart atack would be less painless (please no offence to those who have suffered such an illness).

Moderators note by James (sallyandjames) : Changed title from all caps : Please read the link:rules
21 REPLIES
James
Grafter

MAC Codes

That's a bit odd. BT Wholesale do indeed issue the MAC Codes, so I would be rather surprised if it were indeed invalid.

Either way, all the best for when you leave, and I hope it goes as smoothly as possible.
N/A

MAC Codes

LOL tell me about it, having had several polite convos with them they told me to wait 30 days, i was like do i have a choice and then going to have to request another mac code from plusnet. no guarantees they wont stuff this up as well.
Liam
Grafter

MAC Codes

Make sure that you're not confusing any characters that are similar. A common one (with mac keys) is 1 and I. 0 and O etc...
James
Grafter

MAC Codes

True. Make sure you're giving them the format of:

AAAA99999999/AA99A

"A" being a letter and "9" being a number.

I'm more than happy to confirm that the MAC Code you are quoting is valid.
N/A

MAC Codes

they read it back as detailed on my ticket so guess its just a bodge job lol then again its BT lol and now i dont expect you to comment lol
Liam
Grafter

MAC Codes

I'm fairly certain the issue is with the ISP you are trying to migrate to not submitting the correct MAC. The one we generate is valid for 30 days and the new ISP should definately be able to place an order with it.
N/A

MAC Codes

Thanks James wouldnt know how to say A as a number lol but thats cool i know what your saying then again, my code may haves zeros how would i know if they were letters?
James
Grafter

MAC Codes

Send it to me in a PM and I'll confirm.
N/A

MAC Codes

Thats what makes it worse the new isp is BT
N/A

MAC Codes

James its on my open ticket. I must say are you both trying to get rid of me cos i cant keep up with both your speedy replies lol
Liam
Grafter

MAC Codes

Well... in an indirect kind of way, you kind of already are now with BT :-) Fancie that eh? May as well stay now, no?
James
Grafter

MAC Codes

Okay, check that you have given it to BT in the format of BBIP-number-number-number-number-number-number-number-number / letter-letter-number-number-letter
N/A

MAC Codes

Well... in an indirect kind of way, you kind of already are now with BT :-) Fancie that eh? May as well stay now, no?

only difference is the free 250mins wireless month, eve and weekend calls and as verified 40gb to use as you will unthrottled. for a few pounds more lol
N/A

MAC Codes

Okay, check that you have given it to BT in the format of BBIP-number-number-number-number-number-number-number-number / letter-letter-number-number-letter

yep thats exactly how it was stated both electrically and over the phone