cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC Code

N/A

MAC Code

Dear all,

Decided to jump ship and move provider. How do I request my MAC code? Do I need to phone Plus.Net? I assume that once it has been requested and my new provider actions it, my Plus account will cease?

Regards,

Kevin
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

MAC Code

This was answered in this thread yesterday.
Help Assistant-> Customer Services & Billing -> Account Management -> Request a MAC Key (Moving To Another Broadband Provider)

Hope this helps.
James
Grafter

MAC Code

Hi Kevin,

It's actually a relatively easy process once you know what you're doing!

You need to go to http://help.plus.net

- Customer Services and Billing
- Account Management
- Request a MAC Key

Then just follow the relevant links.

Can I ask if there is any particular reason why you are looking to migrate away from PlusNet? Is there anything that I could possibly help you with? Please let me know Smiley
N/A

MAC Code

Personally Kevin I found the MAC request link far from intuitive. I would have expected that once you click on request a MAC key for moving to another provider, that it would send an automated request, but instead you're taken to some comparisons and kind of left out in the breeze to eventually send a question via the text box.

Maybe I misinterpreted this process or missed a link, but my guess is it's made deliberately obscure to try and retain customers, well that's my view and I'm naturally cynical until proven otherwise...

D.
N/A

MAC Code

Wife works from home and her company are providing our broaddband. We have to accept what they give us.
James
Grafter

MAC Code

That's perfectly understandable.

Still, you know where we are if you ever fancy giving PlusNet another whirl!
N/A

MAC Code

Yeah, will do. Have requested my MAC, can you let me know when it will be sent out?

Kev
James
Grafter

MAC Code

Hi Kev,

A member of our cancellations team will process your request and you should receive your MAC Code in the next 24 hours.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your custom Smiley