cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC Code

N/A

MAC Code

Hi,

At what point is a MAC code deemed to have been used?

I gave my MAC code to NewNet today and they say it could take up to 14 working days to connect me. My MAC code expires on the 28th, which is only 9 working days (inc today).

What will happen if it does take them 14 days to connect me?

Cheers

Neil
7 REPLIES
Liam
Grafter

MAC Code

It is used when they place the order to migrate you. An order generally takes around 5 working days with BT. So if they wait for a week or so before placing the order with BT, it could expire in the meantime.
N/A

MAC Code

What happens if it expires ? Does the transfer get cancelled and I have to start again and request a new MAC code?

Cheers

Neil
James
Grafter

MAC Code

As long as they use the MAC Code before it expires, it doesn't matter if the expiry date occurs during the order process. If the MAC expires prior to their placing the order, you would need to ask us to generate another one.
N/A

MAC Code

What happens if it expires ? Does the transfer get cancelled and I have to start again and request a new MAC code?

I wouldn't worry about it, NewNet are quite on the ball with migrations and most will be complete in seven days.
Liam
Grafter

MAC Code

We'll need to issue you a new MAC. We can only do it after the previous one has expired.

How it would work with your new ISP I don't know. But once it's expired, they wont be able to order using it.
N/A

MAC Code

Thanks for the replies guys. Hope they connect me in time.

Cheers

Neil
N/A

MAC Code

Thanks for the replies guys. Hope they connect me in time.

Of course they will, if you submitted your MAC today, you should get a live date tomorrow, probably for next Friday 22nd.