cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC Code Question

N/A

MAC Code Question

Is asking for a MAC code a request for cancellation?

I'm currently looking at other ISPs. I have yet to decide where to go as my internet usage is increasing. I was wanting the MAC code for refference.

Please advise.
42 REPLIES
N/A

MAC Code Question

n regards to my earlier ticket.I am considering migrating to another ISP. No final decision has been made as of yet, however I would like the MAC just in case.

#####
2006-01-10
23:43:28
You
Open : IS there any movement regarding the MAC code?

Best Wishes
#####
2006-01-11
00:40:58

Customer Support Centre Actioned : Dear Mr ######
We would have rather know then reason for your dissatisfaction as in order to generate your MAC we'd need to take the £72 you defered when you joined us. If you wish us to generate your MAC then we will need to take this fee as a MAC code request is effectively the same as a cancellation request.

So £72 for a MAC Code then?
N/A

MAC Code Question

no the £72 is the deferred activation fee, tho id have thought that would be charged if you actually moved and not if you get your mac. I know loads of people that have requested mac codes but not moved from their isp.
N/A

MAC Code Question

I'm sorry, but some of us saw that particular bear trap when we came to sign up, and neatly side-stepped it by paying all activation fees up front and buying our own equipment from another supplier. If you actually get a MAC, you can apply it to sign up to another provider, so I can see why they aren't going to fork it over until you settle the bill. You must read the fine manual, or the small print.

If you do decide to go, quifftastic, then I wish you the very best of luck, without any sarcasm I promise you. Unless you're really affected by account management and changes then I would talk to the CS Reps and discuss your concerns in a calm way, and give them the chance to address them, as they are not in any hurry to force you into paying up, are they? They're giving you the opportunity to consider the consequences of your decision.

Oh, and you don't need a MAC to window shop, do you? It's never stopped me.

Edited for redundant code (Migration Authorisation Code code) and last sentence.
N/A

MAC Code Question

You would need to point out that your migration is due to unsatisfactory usage limits and radical changes to policies you weren't prepared for at point of sale and therefore you are not liable for any extra costs. In simple words - that the current product is not what you signed up for. You bought a horse, they delivered a donkey - since the changes weren't your fault, you feel all penalties shall be waved or you'll find resolution in small claims court (which you would win 95%).
N/A

MAC Code Question

I knew about the activation fees before I signed up. However I was under the impression that a MAC code could be obtained just for future refference.

I replied and just said something like that my internet usage is increasing.
___oDiN__
Grafter

MAC Code Question

a mac code is only valid for 30 days from issue anyway m8 so wouldnt be much good for future reference ( beyond 30 days that is)
N/A

MAC Code Question

a Mac code allows you to move and plusnet cant stop you.

They want you to pay fees whilst you are still under there control so that you dont run of and not pay.
N/A

MAC Code Question

I get the feeling that if they gave you a MAC and you left, you'd STILL have to pay. You don't just leave and your balance magically disappears.
N/A

MAC Code Question

How long does it usually take for a MAC?
N/A

MAC Code Question

generates in seconds upon request. turnaround 10mins~several hours
hrs depending on when the cs staff responce

gemsi, they would send debt collectors after you like most other companies
N/A

MAC Code Question

Still waiting..

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
N/A

MAC Code Question

I take it that MAC code requests are not swiftly dealt with Sad
JonathanW
Grafter

MAC Code Question

MAC Key requests are delt with in the same way as any other ticket that is raised to the CSC. Which means that they can take a while to handle, as all tickets are delt with on a first come first served basis.

As for having to pay the deferred fee if you ask for a MAC key, this has to be done as there is no way of knowing if you're going to actually use the code or not and so have to settle the outstanding fees whilst your account is still active. Though as has been said, there's nothing stopping you from looking at other ISPs and you can then come back to use for a MAC key when you find one.
N/A

MAC Code Question

Thanks for the reply!

Smiley I informed CS yesterday that I found another ISP. That was at 14:05 yesterday.

Nothing since.