cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loyal customers.

Community Veteran

Loyal customers.

If the barsteward goes 5Gb's over their download limit, Puss Net bailiffs will attend their home address and repossess their reproductive organs.

Or router, which ever is of greater value to the customer.

Chilly
25 REPLIES
N/A

Loyal customers.

Plusnet,

In view of your recent announcements regarding MaxDSL and Fair Use would it not be fair for you to provide your present customers with a free of charge regrade?

After all, you are implementing massive changes here and we all have to adjust to your changes.

I know there may be costs involved in regrades but i'm sure these could be waived for the end user who has to alter package and had not previously intended regrading.

Please consider.

Regards,
Paul Kirk.
N/A

Loyal customers.

I don't suppose you have actualy read the second paragraph then Smiley

http://users.plus.net/status/archive/1108488910.htm
N/A

Loyal customers.

Hi there,

What had you in mind. Some of the regrades will be free.

Only those where your monthly payment decreases will be subject to the dreaded admin charge.
N/A

Loyal customers.

Not 100% clear Phillip.

Once again upgrade / regrade definition.

From another thread.

An upgrade (increase in the monthly subscription) would apply immediately and be done at no cost, and a downgrade subject to an admin fee and apply at your next billing date.
Community Veteran

Loyal customers.

If you read the announcement it states PN will regrade you to MaxDSL and the highest speed your line will take for free starting from April this year.

MaxDSL is a new product from BT which allows you to select the speed of your line upto the max it will support. There will no longer be the concept of regrading to a different speed. And this change of speed will not cost you anything. You now (will in april anyway) just pay for your data transfer.
N/A

Loyal customers.

Ok, maybe my use of the word 'regrade' was incorrect.

What my point is that users WILL have to pay a fee to move to a more suitable price.

For example, I am on 1Mbit Premier paying £29.99. My usage is about 15-20gig.

For me to move to the £21.99 (30gig) I will have to pay a fee.
csogilvie
Grafter

Loyal customers.

I would hope that the first downgrade should be free, given the fact that I only pay £29.99 because I want a 1MB product... although given that PlusNet are going to be getting £8 less from me a month, I can see why they might be reluctant to do that.
N/A

Loyal customers.

No, there won't be a charge to move between the different prices within the same product type if your subscription fee is increasing. So you can move from Premier at £21.99 to Premier at £29.99 without charge at any time. However making a move which reduces your monthly spend with us will result in an admin fee being incurreed. e.g. Premier at £29.99 to Pay As You Go at £14.99 or decrease your subscription fee within the same product type, e.g. Premier £29.99 to £21.99.

Edited to correct post.

Regards,

Dave Tomlinson
PlusNet Customer Support
N/A

Loyal customers.

Fair - maybe but perhaps that doesnt come into it.

If you are paying less per month, then by applying the admin fee they recoup some of that loss.

Fairness aint the natrue of the game.
csogilvie
Grafter

Loyal customers.

I can understand charging it at the time, but remember users at the moment are forced to pay a higher rate because they want faster speeds; this is not something thats going to be an issue in a couple of months.
N/A

Loyal customers.

Dont disagree with you Colin.

I hate the admin charges and wish they would vanish.

I can only dream.
N/A

Loyal customers.

I was just hoping that with such sweeping changes to our product range we could be accomodated and not incur costs.
N/A

Loyal customers.

My comment on this thread is that i've just paid a re-grade fee (£!4.99) to get a 1mb connection and come April because I'm unlikely to get any faster (I live in hope Cheesy ) speed and I only download 2/3 gb a month I will get same product for less but now pay another £14.99 re-grade fee.

The moral for me is If I'd waited 10 days I might have saved myself at least one fee by waiting until April.

I suppose thats life !

Andrew Beevers
Metalguru
Grafter

Loyal customers.

Go to crystalball.com Smiley

I just wish such a web site existed before I took out my last mortgage.

(Never mind the last lottery ticket)

Hey .............. maybe a new idea for PlusNet Huh