cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lousy Connections

N/A

Lousy Connections

How much longer are these lousy connections going to continue ?

"This service cannot be connected" is a regular occurrence, slow connections, and connections with no or very little throughput are becoming normal.

I've been putting up with this for a couple of weeks waiting for signs of improvement, but the connections are getting worse, I have to reconnect repeatedly to try and get some throughput.

Never a problem on the 0845 number.

I hope things are going to change soon.
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Lousy Connections

Good Morning Stuart,

Sorry to hear that you are having a problem with data transfer over your 0808 connection. Please raise this via our 'Contact Us' system so we can investigate further for you. Please ensure that you add all / any information you have, including any trace routes.

Regards,

Dave

--
| David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

I've been having sloooooow connections as well.

For other reasons I decided to run for a while without my Zone Labs firewall. The improvement in speed is amazing!!!

I still have to investigate further, but it IS a thought.

.... and seeing the number of alerts I am NOT going to run without a firewall.
N/A

We've had poor connections lately too and are also running Zone alarm firewall. Coincidence maybe?
What say you plusnet. I know we arent the only ones experiencing difficulties.
--
PCS-NI
N/A

Hi,

I am not aware of any issues when using this kind of software over our connections. Do you have the same problem on the 0845 number? Are you using the latest version of the software? Have you had a look on the Zone Alarm web site for 'Known Issues' which may explain this?

Regards,

Dave

--
| David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

> hi dave
Thanks for the reply. No im not experiencing any probs on the 0845 number. I have tried that this afternoon and it is fine.The version of Zone alarm is the very latest and no there are no known issues from Z.A support.
The problem occurrs on all three systems that we have access to on three different sites. We may be experiencing the connection probs that other customers are having and the fact that we are using this particular firewall could be mere coincidence.

--
PCS-NI
N/A

I am also using the latest version of ZA - but definitely have serious problem at present with the Plusnet portal. ZA don't seem to have any reported probs.

If I have ZA on then accessing the portal takes ages and the portal only comes up with a 'Network Error - connection reset by peer in transfer loop ...".

Disable ZA and access times are reasonable and the portal is fine!!

Any thoughts anyone?