cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lots of disconnections tonight ?

N/A

Just had my 4th disconnection of the night - not a happy bunny. Is it me or is anyone else experiencing this problem ? Sad

£22 for a 1mb connection I cant use - it's not on !!!!!!!!!!!!!
11 REPLIES
N/A

disconnections are rarely plusnets fault.

Checkout usertools.plus.net for some fault checking tips.

Sounds like a line issue.
Does your modem/router show line stats... if so what are they?
try pluggin it into the master socket? Line stats change day to day depending on conditions Sad
munsy
Grafter

I am getting the same but on both my broadband connections one on Plus and oncolt BT.
N/A

srae88 thats bullshit, it's all plusnets fault, i had no disconenctions until i moved to plusnet, i've had 3 this evening, and it's shit, just look at the forums and see ho wmany others get it, but plusnet can't be arsed to do anything, they have your money they don't give a fuck, glad i'm moving isp, oh and btw plusnet you still owe me £65.97, your thieving gits.

MY ADVICE IS LEAVE PLUSNET GO GET ANOTHER ISP PLUSNET ARE SHIT
N/A

reeps28 - i'm not here to take ur abuse.... I was TRYING TO HELP him.

If its a sync issue PLUSNET DO NO have any control over that. ITS DOWN to BT. Plain and simple.

as for you reeps28... did you upgrade your speed when u joined? is it sync or ppp disconnects?
N/A

reeps28

Aggressive posts such as that are not tolerated. Add the fact that it is unhelpful and innacurate.

Please aquaint yourself with the forum rules before posting again
N/A

I stayed on the 2mb as I migrated, the 1st month was great, great speeds, no probs whatsoever, then about 2 weeks ago, drop outs, router stays synced, but the connection cuts off, reconnects in about 5 - 10 seconds, I've had adsl for 4 years, 2 of those on 2mb, never had a problem but it's obvious it's plusnet all the people who have the same issues since joining pn that they never had before.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Is anyone in Scotland that's seeing disconnections? There's been an Major Service outage this evening on several of BT's exchanges in Scotland. See here.
munsy
Grafter

gone again just now but my oncolt is still on, live in the midlands. Strange.

Just finished typing and it has come back.
N/A

it's getting stupid and they don't really give a damn, you'd think that after all the complaints they'd sort it, to stop losing custmers day in day out.
N/A

reeps28, they do care.... disconnections arent exactly the easiest thing to fix, and more ofthen that not its between user and BT making it difficult and time consuming for them to get fixed if there is a fault,

Theres not a huge amount more connection problems than there was a year ago. more have cropped up with 2mbit upgrades etc and line problems but thats to be expected

I'm not plusnets biggest fan atm, but there doing alot better than alot of other isps i know
N/A

yeh but as i said i've been on 2mb for 4 years, never had a prob till i joined pn, the only things they could tell me is buy a modem, buy a router, unplug telephones for a few days..etc etc...not really fixing anything is it.