Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost emails after moving to new ISP

xblade
Grafter

Hi

I am going to move to another ISP (ADSL24) soon - that is another story - I am inquiring about email loss after I move

Is there a way, apart from the obvious of informing as many people as possible, of accessing emails after I move?

I wonder if keeping a dial up account and setting up some form of forwarding of emails to my new ISP email account, will be necessary or possible?

Any suggestions will be welcome
Thanks
Simon
3 REPLIES
N/A

Make sure that your account is downgraded to Dial Up PAYG upon migration (which is normal). You will then be able to receive emails sent to your PlusNet address as before. You need to access your emails at least once every 60 days to keep the account active.

To avoid having to change emails again in the future (when/if you move from ADSL24) you might want to consider getting your own domain name or using a web based mail service.

Edit: I should have said 90 days.
pcorker
Grafter

Does collecting email via Outlook pop mail count towards the 60 days or is it necessary to login to webmail?
N/A

Yes, collecting email via any email client at least once every 90 days is all that is required to keep the account active.