Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost email

Mand
Grafter

Lost email

Hi there,

We're not seeing any other reports and the Mail Queues are looking fairly average.

Which server did the delayed mail go through? The headers will show you this.

Anyone else seeing delays on incoming mail?
64 REPLIES
thecookhouse
Grafter

Lost email

Just a heads up guys.

Three (that we know about) of my emails have been lost in the last few days. Having reported the problem, yesterday I was asked by support to send some test emails. I sent five messages from my PlusNet account directly to the same PlusNet account. 1, 4 and 5 arrived immediately, 3 arrived later in the evening and 2 still hasn't arrived. The two that had originally highlighted the problem have also still not arrived.

Obviously impossible to tell how many others may have got lost.
N/A

Lost email

I have also had a number of 'lost' emails recently (since at least 29th May) and including several tests from known contacts over the last few days.
Community Veteran

Lost email

Also myself and another customer (see http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=56687).

plusnet's latest response to my question is as follows:

Dear Mr Boulby,
There is no news on a resolution yet so I am placing this ticket on hold for a few days for us to check back on this for you.

The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Tuesday 19th June at 9:00am. This Question will remain open with the Customer Support Centre until this time.

I'm concerned as I have some confidential e-mails that have apparently disappeared into a black hole!

Bob
thecookhouse
Grafter

Lost email

I have just provided header details in a support response.

Can't say I'm hopeful of a satisfactory resolution judging by the response to boulby's similar issue.

May have to look elsewhere for a reliable email service...
Community Veteran

Lost email

Is this really only affecting the small number of people who have posted in this and the Broadband Help forums? If it is affecting anyone else, please let plusnet know so we can try and up the priority of a fix.

plusnet - shouldn't this be reflected in the e-mail service status or at least as a priority 1 problem?

Bob
dwarland

Lost email

I've had several emails lost over the last week including today - well they haven't arrived at my plusnet account as yet. Some of the original senders have received recipient not known responses.
thecookhouse
Grafter

Lost email

Having provided the header information I have had no repsonse for over twenty four hours. PlusNet are obviously not bothered or perhaps they know it is more of a problem than they are letting on. After all you often don't know when an email has been sent so wouldn't know that you are not getting them. I'm going to do some more tests and would encourage others to do the same.
thecookhouse
Grafter

Lost email

Just sent 5 more test emails. 1,3 and 4 arrived immediately. 2 and 5 missing...
Community Veteran

Lost email

I've had the following update to my question:

Dear Mr Boulby,
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Friday 15th June at 9:00am. This Question will remain open with the Customer Support Centre until this time.Additional information is provided below:

on hold pending outcome and closure of pid 40633

Does anyone know what pid 40633 is?

Bob
chrisc
Grafter

Lost email

@boulby,

This is the internal problem that has been raised to investigate this issue. It is currently being investigated by our networks team and we will update you as soon as further investigations have been completed.
DavidHH
Grafter

Lost email

I sent an email to my wife at 9.33 this morning, and it still hasn't arrived (it's now 12.39).

This is only one of several KNOWN to have gone missing in the last few days, and several more are SUSPECTED.
DavidHH
Grafter

Lost email

Re previous post.
I sent the same message again at 12:56 and it arrived almost instantly. The earlier one still hasn't arrived.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Lost email

Hi,

@hitchin

Are the mails you are sending being sent via our relay servers (or webmail) and to a PlusNet address or are they coming from elsewhere? Also, obvious question, but have you checked webmail in case the mail has been picked up as spam?
DavidHH
Grafter

Lost email

Several emails are BELIEVED (with good reason) to have been sent from other domains but haven't arrived.

Yesterday's message was sent twice via your relay servers to a Plusnet address, from david@xxx.plus.com to diana@plus.com (where "xxx" is the same in both cases). The first didn't arrive, while the second, repeating the first exactly, went straight through.

I have checked webmail, and only have the following folders: Inbox, drafts, sent and trash - all of them empty.