cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost e-mails arrived on Sunday

Username
Grafter

Anyone else had a batch a various e-mails from the the last 6 weeks or so suddenly arrive on Sunday?
4 REPLIES
N/A

By the response it looks like you are alone in suffering this on the forum.

Are these emails from outside PlusNet?

A website I find useful when wanting to analyse where delays in email are occurring (when I can't be bothered to trawl through the headers manually) is this one. It'll let you know how long the steps in delivery took - according to the timestamps in the headers.

Hope this helps

Stuart
Community Veteran

The delay may have been from the sender or an intermediate mail server finally finding or releasing some old emails - perhaps after a maintenence.

The above link should tell you where the delay was and thus if PN, you can raise a ticket to have it investigated.

I'm not aware of any work being done on the PN mail servers recently so suspect the delay is outside PN.
rslsys
Grafter

We had a user report the arrival of an e-mail dated 27th September on Saturday 3rd December, mind you, the sender was on a BT mail account so anything could have happened in the mean time . . .
G0DUB
Dabbler

Not yet - but I'm expecting it !

I am finding that on restarting my server, issuing the finger autoturn command reports that I have no mail to be dequeued. However over the rest of the evening mail slowly trickles in which has apparently been in limbo between autoturn.force9.net and pih-relay05.plus.net for up to 14 hours ( thanks to the earlier link posted ) and worse yet timestamped for the period prior to my finger command when mail would have gone to autoturn rather than my own server....

A ticket has been raised, returned and sent back again ( Insert CS comments here ) :-( Meanwhile it looks like anyone sending mail whilst my SMTP server is down is sending it into oblivion... Unless when this gets fixed I get a flood of old e-mails !