cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Mail - No Apology

Innovations
Grafter

Lost Mail - No Apology

I happened to find out today that a customer has been sending mail (replying) and getting bounced. I now test my mail and its working again. How much other business have I lost? How much have YOU lost without knowing it?! Because let me tell you this -there's nothing from Plus to say their system has failed.

Nothing shows up on the Service Status.

The irony is the customer has signed up for Plus Net Broadband and other services because I mentioned them. (Needless to say they already have problems). Let me make it clear: I could NEVER recommend an ISP that loses my email without telling me.
2 REPLIES
chino
Grafter

RE: Lost Mail - No Apology

Well the bounced e-mail if you send it to plus.net via the contact us system, they will tell you why it got bounced, it could be because the smtp server they are using is banned via black list of spamming (such as one with uk in it but cannot remember its full name). So before you start bad mouthing plus.net SMTP server i would get the facts sorted.

Before i get flamed i am not an employee of plus.net it's just i have never had any problems with there smtp/pop3 server....

cUnDaLl

--
1.7 GHz AMD XP, 768MB DDR PC2100 Crucial, 120 GB HD IBM Deskstar

Why do we do it because we can...... Smiley
N/A

RE: Lost Mail - No Apology

> I happened to find out today that a customer has been sending mail (replying) and getting bounced. I now test my mail and its working again. How much other business have I lost? How much have YOU lost without knowing it?! Because let me tell you this -there's nothing from Plus to say their system has failed.
>
> Nothing shows up on the Service Status.
>
> The irony is the customer has signed up for Plus Net Broadband and other services because I mentioned them. (Needless to say they already have problems). Let me make it clear: I could NEVER recommend an ISP that loses my email without telling me.

Dear All.

If your mail is ever bounced please let us know straight away via contact us with an example of the bounced headers. This will allow us to quickly diagnose the problem and if needs be implement a fix.

Regards
Mike

--
| Mike Jianikos Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +