cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Email/Can't login and resetting of email accounts

N/A

Like other users have discussed in several threads, I have had problems accessing my email this morning. Two of my accounts would not work, reporting an error that a directory did not exist, something like ../ar/arcangel/maildir from my imap client, or that the account did not exist when trying using webmail.

It appears that most of the posts from customers also suffering access problems have usernames beginning with "a", so I wonder if something happened to that part of the mailservers?

Anyway, support reset my accounts which allows me to login in. However, either that caused my email which was on the mail server to disappear or it had already disappeared as the directory did not exist. Not happy, Plusnet you've lost my email.

I also wonder if this means email to the non-functioning accounts had been bouncing, because the mail directory did not exist?

I have raised a ticket and hope to receive a reply sometime today.

Peter
7 REPLIES
Laugh
Grafter

And still the status page has NOT been updated.

Next Update @ 1000. It is now 1305. That's over 3 hours late.

oh well! At least they're consistent!
N/A

I hadn't noticed the accounts beginning with A.

I too have lost emails that I KNOW were on the server yesterday morning.

Not had an update to my 'question' yet though...

Sort it out PN... you have been good (to me at least) for the last 5 years !!!
N/A

I had at least a page full of emails that were on the system yesterday via webmail. I didn't do my replies at the time as the email system had been down all day.

Today they are all missing. Current email is reaching me, attachements arn't working via webmail.

Another 'a' to add to the list of lost post.
N/A

Add another one to the list of people that have lost e-mail. A whole day's worth of e-mail... will we ever see any of it againHuh

Will there ever be an update posted to the service status page that accuratley reflects the problems people are having?? I'd say a whole day of *lost email* is a bit more important than intermittent timeouts!!

Why is the lost email issue not being acknowledged!!!?!
N/A

good luck

There was a plus.net staffer around before but he ignored the email problem thread and went for the easy option of answering "whem will i get my maxdsl"

Just checked my webmail all messages in there, i learnt my lesson not use use plusnets email after the last screw up.

just waiting to get a job then spunking some cash on a new box to run exchange thats ok until plusnet decide to screw up your dns records for your domain as has happened recently.

are you guys seeing problems with your username account or extra mailboxes.
N/A

Lost email was on the primary account email box and a secondary email box
N/A

Add another 'a' account to the list for missing email.

Have lost the entire contents of my account including personal folders. Hope they get them back.

The lack of information and updates is very frustrating to say the least. I think PN will lose a few customers over this. I have been with PN for a few years now, but this makes me think whether I should reconsider.

Its also the fist time I have had the misfortune to use the new help system, I just wanted to log a new ticket, but took me over 30mins to find a way to raise a support question. Something that took a couple of minutes on the old system, not really what I call progress.

Ash