cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of Sync suddenly

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Loss of Sync suddenly

I am posting on behalf of my parents, who are suddenly having issues syncing. They have a speedtouch 330 modem, which up until today has been fine, with no problems. I have posted a ticket for them, but wondered if any of the comms team were passing they could take a look. They are on a fixed 1Meg account, as the line will not really support Max.
I am at work, so cant really do any detailed checks for you, and my parents arent really au fait, with this kind of thing, they just want it to work!!. Can this me looked at with some urgency, as the internet+MSN is the only way of communicating with their daughter who lives in china.
11 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Loss of Sync suddenly

What exchange are they on? What is their account username or ticket number?
Community Veteran

Loss of Sync suddenly

Sorry James, Me being thick, should have given this info.

Exchange is blackburn, they are on IPStream Home1000
username Bungie
Ticket No. 21582559

If you need any extra tests doing let me know, and I will try to explain them to my mother and see whay I can do, otherwise it will be later on tonight.

Thanks in advance.
James
Grafter

Loss of Sync suddenly

Hi,

Not seeing anything untowards again the exchange currently, nor anything on the account suggesting that there's an issue.

Can you get them to try to normal filter change and test socket tests? If you can try your hardware at their place, it would be helpful.
Community Veteran

Loss of Sync suddenly

Thanks James.

it will have to be tomorrow, but I will take my laptop there, and try as much as I can, al the usual stuff. TBH, I suspect its the extension they use in the room where the PC is, but a test socket check would rule this out. Can you tell when they were last synced up please, and I will ask whats happened since, if anything. I also have a space modem, which I can try. If nothing I will post back Tomorrow.

Thanks Again

Chris

Space ModemHuh? duhhh meant spare.
James
Grafter

Loss of Sync suddenly

Looks like the connection dropped off at 15:58 yesterday afrternoon.
Community Veteran

Loss of Sync suddenly

Connection suddenly came back up for about 1/2 hour then went down again. Have you any logs as to what might have happened? As I have said, I very much suspect internal wiring is the main culprit (I hope anyway as its easier to sort!!!), but would be interested if you have seen anything your end.
Community Veteran

Loss of Sync suddenly

James, can you advise please.

Checks my parents line stats (Fixed rate 1Mb)
Down Attn-60dB
Down SNR - 5dB

These are taken from the master test socket. Can you advise if there is anything else I can do, short of downghrading to a 512Mb service. I suspect also that the losses of sync may be due to the recent strong winds, but not sure.

Can you help?Huh
Community Veteran

Loss of Sync suddenly

Is there any noise on the phone line during voice calls?

Chilly
Community Veteran

Loss of Sync suddenly

Chilly.

The phone can be a little noisy, we attributed it to the cordless phone being crap. 2-3 months ago, they have their overhead lines replaced with underground ones, and the line rerouted to the master socket. This was done for all the street. Not sure where they terminated these new line, I think at the green street box, do you still think it could be a line problem??
Just a thought, would a router help at all, as they are probably better at holding a marginal line.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Loss of Sync suddenly

Get hold of an ordinary phone that you can check is OK in someone else's house and check for noise when that alone is plugged in to the master socket. If there is any noise (use the BT quiet line test - 17070 option 2) report it as a voice fault to 150.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran

Loss of Sync suddenly

Thanks Elvin.

Will give it a try, not beyond the rhelms of possibility that BT have not put the new line in correctly!!