cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login secure?

N/A

Login secure?

If I sign into an online banking site - then the login page is always secure (padlock), here I enter my details. The +Net site only seems to be a secure verification after you have entered your details and hit login - surely a spoof page could be set up to capture the login details as they are typed or is that not how it works?
2 REPLIES
PhillipH
Grafter

Login secure?

They could put the login and sign up pages onto a secure server i guess. But spoofing pages is a different matter. You never had an email from someone pretending to be ebay or a bank? where they lie and tell you they need your details updated so go and login at a specific page? Thats where they capture peoples logins etc. No doubt they capture details of certificates too.
N/A

Login secure?

Oh yeah, had those but they are fairly obvious and a quick glance at the source reveals where the info is going. My point is that most sites which have a login process require the page where one enters the details to be initially a secure site, +Net allow the details to be entered before verifying on a secure server by that time it would be too late would it not? I know I could login at https...but then moving around the site is a pain as you're required to repeat the process during the visit - no I won't allow cookies and windoze to remember my details..