cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging in to this portal

catshill
Grafter

Logging in to this portal

Why doesn't the members are of this website use a cookie to save you having to enter your username and password everytime you visit the site?

Brett
7 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Logging in to this portal

> Why doesn't the members are of this website use a cookie to save you having to enter your username and password everytime you visit the site?

Brett

You can do that from the navigation on the left of this page. Follow >My Plusnet >My Connection >Auto Login and then set the parameters you want. In theory, you can set it to remember for 50 years!

--
catshill
Grafter

> > Why doesn't the members are of this website use a cookie to save you having to enter your username and password everytime you visit the site?
>
>
> Brett
>
> You can do that from the navigation on the left of this page. Follow >My Plusnet >My Connection >Auto Login and then set the parameters you want. In theory, you can set it to remember for 50 years!
>
>

Thanks, I did this but the value (a few years) had cleared the next time I logged it. I've tried setting it again to 25 years!
Community Veteran

> > > Why doesn't the members are of this website use a cookie to save you having to enter your username and password everytime you visit the site?
> >
> >
> > Brett
> >
> > You can do that from the navigation on the left of this page. Follow >My Plusnet >My Connection >Auto Login and then set the parameters you want. In theory, you can set it to remember for 50 years!
> >
> >
>
> Thanks, I did this but the value (a few years) had cleared the next time I logged it. I've tried setting it again to 25 years!

You do have to remember never to log out once you have set the autologin as if you do it will reset everything.

--
Regards
John
http://www.hmrg.co.uk
catshill
Grafter

> > > > Why doesn't the members are of this website use a cookie to save you having to enter your username and password everytime you visit the site?
> > >
> > >
> > > Brett
> > >
> > > You can do that from the navigation on the left of this page. Follow >My Plusnet >My Connection >Auto Login and then set the parameters you want. In theory, you can set it to remember for 50 years!
> > >
> > >
> >
> > Thanks, I did this but the value (a few years) had cleared the next time I logged it. I've tried setting it again to 25 years!
>
> You do have to remember never to log out once you have set the autologin as if you do it will reset everything.
>
>

Hmmmm, it has done it again. Set parameter to 5 years, closed down, opened up this morning and was presented with the log on user screen. Parameter had reset itself to No auto log on. Have set it to ON again.

Brett
N/A

> > > > > Why doesn't the members are of this website use a cookie to save you having to enter your username and password everytime you visit the site?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Brett
> > > >
> > > > You can do that from the navigation on the left of this page. Follow >My Plusnet >My Connection >Auto Login and then set the parameters you want. In theory, you can set it to remember for 50 years!
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > > Thanks, I did this but the value (a few years) had cleared the next time I logged it. I've tried setting it again to 25 years!
> >
> > You do have to remember never to log out once you have set the autologin as if you do it will reset everything.
> >
> >
>
> Hmmmm, it has done it again. Set parameter to 5 years, closed down, opened up this morning and was presented with the log on user screen. Parameter had reset itself to No auto log on. Have set it to ON again.
>
>
> Brett
>

Hi Brett,

Check that your browser is set to accept cookies and that you haven't got anything running which would delete them. If you continue to have problems please let us know which browser you're using.

Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +

catshill
Grafter

> > > > > > Why doesn't the members are of this website use a cookie to save you having to enter your username and password everytime you visit the site?
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Brett
> > > > >
> > > > > You can do that from the navigation on the left of this page. Follow >My Plusnet >My Connection >Auto Login and then set the parameters you want. In theory, you can set it to remember for 50 years!
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > Thanks, I did this but the value (a few years) had cleared the next time I logged it. I've tried setting it again to 25 years!
> > >
> > > You do have to remember never to log out once you have set the autologin as if you do it will reset everything.
> > >
> > >
> >
> > Hmmmm, it has done it again. Set parameter to 5 years, closed down, opened up this morning and was presented with the log on user screen. Parameter had reset itself to No auto log on. Have set it to ON again.
> >
> >
> > Brett
> >
>
> Hi Brett,
>
> Check that your browser is set to accept cookies and that you haven't got anything running which would delete them. If you continue to have problems please let us know which browser you're using.
>

Hi Robert
I think the problem may have been that I was accessing the forum via the main plusnet site

http://www.plusnet.co.uk/central.html?
rather than
http://portal.plus.net/central.html?

The latter DOES remember my log in.

cheers

Brett
N/A

> The latter DOES remember my log in.

Thanks for the update Brett - Glad it works Smiley

Regards,
Mark.