cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log-in then log-in again

N/A

Log-in then log-in again

Why am I (are we ?) being asked to log in twice. You login then the a new page is presented and you have to login again.

Thus is a pain, and may lead to suggestions that a rouge site is trying to obtain password info.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Log-in then log-in again

Not having to do that here and never have done.
Cheers
Jon
P.S. what would rouge sites want with your password ?
Cheesy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Log-in then log-in again

Why am I (are we ?) being asked to log in twice.

Hi
As Jon said one login is enough - which route are you using to access the portal?
It may be a bug that no one else has come across/reported.

Bill
N/A

Log-in then log-in again

what would rouge sites want with your password ?
Cheesy

Was thinking more like this myself

Shockedops:
N/A

Log-in then log-in again

Cheesy
I just went for the first one that came up with a google search. Smiley
Cheers
Jon
N/A

Log-in then log-in again

I have a slightly different Login query, relating to the Metronet email service that I have subscribed to for just over two years.

Sometimes I am asked up to five times to login before an email will send. This started a couple of months ago; before that I was never asked to log in.

My login I/D and Password are remembered, so I only have to click to confirm ... but why? And how do I overcome this small annoyance?
N/A

Log-in then log-in again

Lately I have been getting the password pop-up window routinely every day and all day long. Sometimes it accepts my password after one "re-entry"; sometimes it keeps rejecting it for 3, 4 or more times. Normally my password is stored and my 'Mac Mail' sends and receives every 5 minutes without my intervention.

The message in the window is:

The POP server “mail.Metronet.co.uk” rejected the password for user “xxx”

Please re-enter your password, or cancel.