cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking Threads

N/A

Locking Threads

Good grief, I was about to reply to revroger's thread... and it was locked!

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33157

Anyway, here's what I wanted to say on that thread, in a new thread Cheesy (anyone spotting the problem with the thread locking?)

I thought 'having a pop' was a bit weak as reason for locking a thread, It's the nature of a thread that people either post to it or they don't... but the choice should be there.

it is yet another thread locked.

Hmmm, indeed.
47 REPLIES
N/A

Locking Threads

Why am I the target of unwarrented comments?

The only thread I have locked today, was to try and bring two identacle conversations back into a single thread, which happens pretty much daily.

So why today of all day, is it time to pick on me, when the exact same thing happens daily.
N/A

Locking Threads

The only thread I have locked today, was to try and bring two identacle conversations back into a single thread, which happens pretty much daily.

So why today of all day, is it time to pick on me, when the exact same thing happens daily.

Nice to see good sense of humour ! :lol:

what makes you think you're being picked on Wink ? have you been put on 67kbps as well :shock:

seriously though, as for identical threads... what's wrong with the same discussion springing up? for example some threads can be very long winded and technical, other light hearted... both on the same subject, and people can choose to join whichever...
N/A

Locking Threads

liam locked it afaik
Firejack
Grafter

Locking Threads

So why today of all day..
You stole the avatar of Homer Simpson he wanted to use Wink
N/A

Locking Threads

lol nearly all the same avatars
LiamM
Grafter

Locking Threads

liam locked it afaik

Yup... twas me.... it was another pointless thread.
N/A

Locking Threads

So why today of all day..
You stole the avatar of Homer Simpson he wanted to use Wink

Hey, all property is theft man... right-on.... grooovey. Cool
N/A

Locking Threads

this avatar business is getting confusing :lol:
N/A

Locking Threads

hope acarr dont mind me using his bandwidth tho :-)
N/A

Locking Threads

liam locked it afaik

Yup... twas me.... it was another pointless thread.

It wasn't pointless to me.

In fact, it's how I got to write the words : It wasn't pointless to me.

Now I admit that's getting pointless Cheesy

But someone else mind want to make a point (and I don't mean an individual deciding to lock the thread Cheesy , that would stop other people making a point)

Get the point? Cheesy
N/A

Locking Threads

hope acarr dont mind me using his bandwidth tho :-)

:twisted: :lol:
Saturn
Grafter

Locking Threads

Ask youself why that thread you locked occured in the first place, something to do with threats to lock threads and then the original thread being locked (albeit not by you)? My thread, which wasn't indentical, was a direct result of hasty action initiated by you (and BTW your subsequent action to remove the offending post content was exactly the righht thing to do).

You say unwarranted comments, but that's a matter of opinion. I, for one, made a comment on your actions because I felt you were inflaming the situation, as described in the thread you locked. I am not trying to make an issue of this but I have to say I think you brought that one on yourself and maybe your continued course might be a contributory factor. Think about it.
N/A

Locking Threads

Ask youself why that thread you locked occured in the first place, something to do with threats to lock threads and then the original thread being locked (albeit not by you)?

Oh the irony...
N/A

Locking Threads

Oh, I can agree with that.

But the reasons for the locks are now well known, including who locked them.

So again, why are the comments still being made at me?