cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N/A

its strange why you would lock a post when the guy is only airing his views to a lot of things that people agree with in here? you say not constructive but i would disagree its a view about the changes made by the company that we pay monthly amounts of cash to that pay your wages.

[Moderator's note by Liam (martinfamily) : All CAPS title edited]
9 REPLIES
N/A

I don't recall ever seeing a plus.net employee ever closing a thread thinking about it. Please remember that the moderators that lurk around in here are NOT emplyed by plus.net but are normal customers just like you or me.

Generally threads are locked because they are duplicates of ones already open. Having 20 threads all shouting "Gaming is slow" means all the messages are spread around everywhere and if there is a reply from a plus.net employee they would have to reply to every single one and if they missed one then people would complain about a lack of communication.

Also, it is a support community for problems etc. Posting "Ahhhh plusnet are *&@% aren't they! Im off to Zen cos they iz not w*^^&*^" is in no way productive, wether or not people agree with it.

basically... Smiley
passer
Grafter

Liam is not paid by PlusNet - he's a volunteer and gives his own time as a Mod for nothing. The post, while not contentious, has been locked not deleted, and is still available to be seen, though the opportunity for others (rather than the OP) to turn it into a flaming opportunity has been removed.
Seems OK to me.
N/A

Actually since i read this and posted, i've looked around and seen about 4 posts from yourself (ally20vt) ALL saying "i've had enough, im off to <insert CW's isp here>" .

THOSE i can perfectly understand being locked because they do server no useful purpose whatsoever. Also, their limits are too low for my usage, so advertising to me is really useless Smiley
N/A

You know, I'm sick of the way the mods are thought of as being in PN's back pocket. I've seen Liam and others on numerous times post comments which if they had any financial arrangement with PN would more than certainly end any cosy arrangement.

The mods do the job (for some wierd reason) because they want to and want to help keep these forums going.

Posts saying I'm going bye serve no purpose as they do not discuss any reasons for going.

If you're leaving be polite about and say WHY. Without the WHY how can anyone expect PN to take any notice...
N/A

Without the WHY how can anyone expect PN to take any notice...

My god, if PN actually bothered to talk/respond/do what they are charging CUSTOMERS for then I'd see your point....... but THAT **is** the point, they DON'T. They are currently a god awful company that is fleecing customers and doing diddly-squat *(or appearing to) about it. Most people I see on these forums "defending" PN seem to have little understanding of what SOME of their customers are suffering, and how long this has gone on for.

I have heard, listened to, and taken on board EVERYTHING PN have said to me. I have changed more hardware than they hve in their DC! I have done everything *I* can do. And what have PN done in that timeHuh Nothing. Zilch. Now't.... well apart from continued to remove a monthly fee from my bank account on the pretence of providing a service...........

So, to answer your "questioN". I fully expect PN to not take a blind bit of notice whether it be a foul-mouthed tirade or a well-spoken and solid argument - it matters (to them) not one jot..... which, I guess, says everything you'd ever need to know about them Sad
N/A

Without the WHY how can anyone expect PN to take any notice...

My god, if PN actually bothered to talk/respond/do what they are charging CUSTOMERS for then I'd see your point....... but THAT **is** the point, they DON'T.

@ncsupplies, if I may comment, I believe you are generalising just a little too far. I'm very unhappy with the prospect of being LLU'd on to a Tiscali provided connection and have clearly described my views in a currently still open ticket. I have received several responses to the ticket and more to comments made in this forum, both from PN employees, volunteer mods and other PN customers.

I'm quite happy to admit to being 'Mr. Angry' when a) it suits me and b) the situation calls for it. This time, it probably doesn't. It's simple to close your PN account and transfer elsewhere, this is still a very competitive market and there will be losers and winners in the competition. I've started rolling my ball (oo-er) and have calmly explained precisely why I *might* take my business elsewhere, and I have explained what would stop me doing that.

The aforementioned ball has now rolled into PN's half of the court and I'm waiting patiently for something else to happen before they score in their own goal.

Shouting and ranting probably doesn't help much in this case - I'm quite prepared to put my money where my mouth is and I will definitely take the action I promised to Plusnet. Not a threat, just a calm statement of intent.

Good luck with getting your own issues resolved ....
N/A

ncsupplies, if I may comment, I believe you are generalising just a little too far.

Of course you can comment - it is a free world - but I'd rather you didn't sound so patronising Sad

You are correct about switching suppliers etc. it is a free market But if you read my posts and therefore understood where I am coming from;

a) Why should I do that when I am already paying a provider to provide and they are not honouring their side of the contract? If I stopped my Direct Debit but told PN I'd pay sometime soon, but it's the banks fault, what would their response be?? Think about it ........
b) and most importantly - what is the point in moving when it is ighly likely that BT is the issue (bearing in mind it has taken me 2+ yrs to get PN to actually (near as damn it) FORCE BT into looking into the issue. And if it *is* an issue with BT, moving to another BB provider is going to acheive what exactly?

Trust me, I have plans and options. I work from home on a far more frequent basis now and it has opened my eyes to how bad a service PN have been providing me with. I have been with PN for many, many years and therefore do not want to take my bat and ball home just yet... BUT this cannot go on and PN have to do way more than they currently are doing.
LiamM
Grafter

Well... look what popped up when I popped out for a few hours.

There certainly is no 'cosy' agreement with Plusnet. But numerous posts which just say "bye bye i'm off blah blah blah" are unrequired. I don't see how they help the community at all. If someone wants to leave the service it should be based on their own experience - it's not up to others to try and influence other people at all imo.

The subject of moderation is always coming up on the boards, and we are always questioned in our actions - but a quick glance over my post history will reveal that i am one of the most vocal critical members of the community where I feel it necessary.
N/A

Well... look what popped up when I popped out for a few hours.

Huh, a few hours indeed; it's been a few weeks in Prague matey!
Wink