cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of Tiscali LLU exchanges

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Just spotted in another post - but thought it deserved the prominence of it's own topic.

http://tiscalillu.freewebpage.org/
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
35 REPLIES
N/A

I'd say it deserves at least it's own thread, if not a sticky and a mention in the usergroup and support pages.
Community Veteran

Looks like Im requesting my mac code then Sad
N/A

just had a look on that list and my exchange has nothing next to it (wickersley), does this mean it is enabled for tiscalli? as on samknows web site my exchange is listed as having no LLU??

if it is enabled how will i be able to tell if i have been changed across and if not can i request it not to happen? if not will Plusnet refund me my original connection costs if i choose to leave?

cheers
Community Veteran

Samknows doesn't know about Tiscali LLU yet Smiley

If its on the list with nothing next to it then AFAIK it means its upgraded.
N/A

If there is a gap by your exchange then it is Tiscali LLU enabled, SamKnows does not have information about Tiscali's LLU, only that which has been performed by other companies (e.g. Bulldog and EasyNet). This does not necessarily mean that it is being used by PlusNet yet and certainly doesn't automatically mean that you are being moved.
PlusNet are currently not sure how or when they are advising customers that they are being moved, there appear to be differing opinions of whether it should be done before the initial order is put in, when the order has been accepted, or after the line has been moved. You cannot request that it does happen (well you can, but it won't make any difference) PlusNet have repeatedly stated there is no opt-out procedure. PlusNet will not refund any costs and are holding people to all contractual obligations as they do not see these changes as a change to the T & C's.
If this in any way concerns you, I'd find out how much it will cost you to migrate, request your MAC and move to another ISP. Along with the rest of us Wink
N/A

I'm safe Cool
N/A

Until the next PlusNet logistics and communications disaster maybe Wink
serenityvalley
Grafter

Ugh... I'm not safe and I'd thought there'd be no way my crappy little seaside town would get llu'd this century. Cry

I actively avoided Tiscali. What's next? Farm out support to Wanadoo?
N/A

Cheesy

The next town along isn't though, but that exchange serves 15k houses compared with 8k
N/A

If there is a gap by your exchange then it is Tiscali LLU enabled, SamKnows does not have information about Tiscali's LLU, only that which has been performed by other companies (e.g. Bulldog and EasyNet). This does not necessarily mean that it is being used by PlusNet yet and certainly doesn't automatically mean that you are being moved.
PlusNet are currently not sure how or when they are advising customers that they are being moved, there appear to be differing opinions of whether it should be done before the initial order is put in, when the order has been accepted, or after the line has been moved. You cannot request that it does happen (well you can, but it won't make any difference) PlusNet have repeatedly stated there is no opt-out procedure. PlusNet will not refund any costs and are holding people to all contractual obligations as they do not see these changes as a change to the T & C's.
If this in any way concerns you, I'd find out how much it will cost you to migrate, request your MAC and move to another ISP. Along with the rest of us Wink

So even if i tell them i dont want my line moving they will still move it eventually? Surely that must be againt some law, when it is me that is paying BT for the phone line,it was me that paid to have my line ADSL enabled by BT 4 years ago?
then Plusnet expect me to stand the cost once more to get the line enabled again by BT to goto another provider? Evil they must think ive fell off a bus if thats the case.
N/A

Thanks to hotlane for posting this quote in another thread. There's a post on ADSLGuide relating to the list from Stewart Norris
f the exchange is there then it may well be that we move you to the LLU service. We are monitoring this very closely and will continue to do so and at the moment the performance is standing up very well when compared to the IPStream product and as such we are confident in the offering.

Stewart Norriss
PlusNet Product Manager
rammie1976
Grafter

There's a post on ADSLGuide relating to the list from Stewart Norris
.....at the moment the performance is standing up very well when compared to the IPStream product .....
Stewart Norriss

Well it would wouldn't it! Not much competition! :roll:
Community Veteran

So even if i tell them i dont want my line moving they will still move it eventually? Surely that must be againt some law, when it is me that is paying BT for the phone line, it was me that paid to have my line ADSL enabled by BT 4 years ago?

Yes, what happens to our phone line rental if we get move over to Tiscali? We only pay BT for this and have our calls from another company who, when we took the deal up, said we needed a BT line to use their service.
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls
N/A

The Tiscali deal is what is called a half-unbundle. There are two parts to the line as far as BT are concerned, voice and data. You will still be paying BT for the line rental and the voice part, only the data part is being unbundled. This may change in the future, but a full unbundling would definitely require explicit customer agreement. In my opinion and possible that of some laws (and certainly morals) PlusNet should require explicit notification for even a half-unbundling as it is a clear change to a service that you pay another company (BT) for.