cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linksys ADSL2MUE

N/A

Linksys ADSL2MUE

Is anybody else having connections issues with a Linksys ADSL2MUE ?
About 6 weeks ago I was moved to Tiscali circuits and ever since my modem has had problems connecting. I can normally get it going by switching it on, waiting for about 10 minutes as the ADSL light flashes green, turning it off and waiting for a few minuites then turning it back on and waiting another ten minutes then turning it off and waiting and so on until it connects, sometimes after a couple of tries, sometimes after about 10.
I have tried to get f9 to help me resolve the problem - they tested my line and said it was fine, when I told them I was still having problems connecting they tested my line again and said it was fine, then they asked if I was using an extension (I'm not), so now they are testing my line again. They do know what kind of modem I am using, and I would have thought that they would know of any issues with this model - but I get the feeling that none of them have actually read my fault report carefully.

Chris
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Linksys ADSL2MUE

Hi Chris,

I can see that the fault has been raised with our suppliers but we don't have any feedback yet.

Can I ask, has any asked you to check your PPP settings to make sure the modem is set on "VC Mux" "VC Encapsulation" rather than "LLC"?
N/A

Linksys ADSL2MUE

Thanks for the repsonse,

I already checked that - saw it on a newsgroup somewhere.

Must say that 6 weeks into my difficulties nobody at the support desk has asked me to check my modem settings - I've done some research on the net from work though.

Chris
N/A

Linksys ADSL2MUE

I have an ADSL2MUE, and despite being somewhat under-featured, it's worked fine for me at 2meg for a year, so you've probably got a bad unit or a config problem.