cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked sites - help needed!

N/A

Hi

I have two domains registered with F9. They are linked together somehow, in the sense that if I update one of the domains, the other automatically updates as well. How do I stop this form happening? What I would like to do is to get the second domain to just forward to the first and not replicate it (as I believe this is hamring Google page ranking?)

Any help will be much appreciated! Got fed up waiting for 40 minutes in telephone queue system....!

Thanks
3 REPLIES
N/A

you can't with f9
N/A

you can't with f9

Actually you can.

Connect via ftp to homepages.force9.net (username, etc. etc)

and create a subdirectory under /htdocs for each of your websites.

something like :-

/htdocs/acme
/htdocs/toons

Then go into the F9 members centre and choose Domain Names and click on [Configure] next to the hostnames you can change the root directory for the webserver for that domain name.

ie.

www.acme.co.uk -> /htdocs/acme
www.toons.co.uk -> /htdocs/toons

I personally would call the subdirectories /htdocs/acme.co.uk , etc - but that's because I tend to have acme.co.uk, acme.com and acme.org hosted, and I want each to be little different from each other.

That way you have 2 separate webspaces for your 2 separate domains.

It doesn't kick in immediately. You'll need to set up the subdirectories first using ftp, then configure the domain, then wait until the changes kick in (figure 24hrs, to be pesimistic), then go back and upload your site(s) via ftp.

They will still share e-mail accounts, so sales@acme.co.uk and sales@toons.co.uk will be the same.
N/A

thanks very much for the excellent reply! I shall give it a go.

Thanks once again!

Rowan