Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link to BT Exchange Upgrade Checker

dscott
Dabbler

Hi folks,

There used to be a sticky at the top of this forum directing you to a page where you could check your local BT exchange to see how the free upgrade to 2mb was coming along (or not, as the case may be).

Still not got my free 2mb upgrade, despite the East Kilbride exchange being listed for a July upgrade. I'll be grateful if someone can direct me to this link again so I can check progress - I tried a 'search' on this forum, to no avail.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Best wishes,
David
12 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Hows this: http://users.plus.net/exchanges/ ?

I think the latest on the upgrades is that they will all be completed by the end of October!

Phil
Community Veteran

It's on usertools - see sig.

However it has not been updated since June which is when BT last issued their last update and BT are not going to issue any further updates.

So you can't use it to find out when your upgrade is likely to happen.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Yes, they should be finishing this month with a mop-up order being placed in November.
dscott
Dabbler

Thanks for your speedy replies folks - much appreciated.

Is there any checks PlusNet can do if I raise a ticket? For all I know it could have been done by now, and I've been losing out on my 2mb upgrade, or will PlusNet inform me when it's done?

Again, very many thanks.

David
Ben_Brown
Grafter

If your upgrade has been done most likely we will have emailed you about this. Also your equipment will show your line speed as the new faster speed.
dscott
Dabbler

Thank you.
Community Veteran

But not everyone got emailed when their speed was upgraded.
dscott
Dabbler

But not everyone got emailed when their speed was upgraded.

Ok....should I raise a ticket to find out if I've been upgraded?

Many thanks!
Community Veteran

Your sync speed will tell you that. What were you originally on? if you are now syncing at a higher speed then you have been upgraded.

Also if you line can't take any higher than you current have then no upgrade will happen.
dscott
Dabbler

Peter - thanks for your reply. I haven't the foggiest what I was synching at before...not sure how to check actually. I know my bandwith varied between 904-937 over the last year for 1mb - just about average I think.

If you can tell me how to access this info, and give me some idea of what range I should be getting for 2mb I'll be able to check when I get home, and then I'll know for sure.

Once again, many thanks for your efforts.
Best wishes,
David
Community Veteran

What ADSL hardware are you using?

Usually there is a status page for most products showing the speed you are connected to the exchange with - this will be 576Kbs for 512K, 1172Kbs for 1Mbs and 2272Kbs for 2Mbs connections.

904->937 corresponds to a good 1Mbs connection. A 2Mbs connection should be double what you have now - 1700Kbs -> 1900Kbs and possible higher if you have a good connection.
dscott
Dabbler

Peter - again, thank you for that...I'll check when I get home.

Best wishes,
David