cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link Light flashing

N/A

Link Light flashing

hi just wondering this may be a nooby question but is anyone else link light flash like mad
5 REPLIES
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Link Light flashing

On many modems or routers the link light can flash rapidly to show activity on the line. If you are able to use the connection then this is nothing to worry about.

If the light is flshing slowly however and you are not able to use the connection it means that you have lost the link to the exchange.

There are many reasons why this might happen, see here for some things you can try.
Nick_Russell
Grafter

Link Light flashing

There are many reasons why this might happen, see here for some things you can try.

Interesting suggestion, from the link....

General Information

ADSL Faults Tend to balance equally between the following causes:

'End User' (you) Configuration error / Modem or Filter Fault.

BT Line Problem, Exchange Problem or outage within the BT ADSL Network (Called Collosus) - These can vary in impact between all UK ADSL customers, people just on your exchange or just your own line.

ISP (ie PlusNet) Problems - These tend to affect a lot of users at once

So we agree then....the disconnections many are experiencing are PlusNet's problems?
N/A

Link Light flashing

i seem to be fine during day soon as 6pm comes its disconnect after disconnect i have tried a diff modem and new leads still same prob its got to be either bt or plus net
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Link Light flashing

If you've tried everything in the tutorial I linked above and it still doesn't work then please raise this to us via the link:Contact Us system.
Nick_Russell
Grafter

Link Light flashing

Ben,

As I and many others have said, we do not think this is an individaul problem as it affects MANY users so I don't see the point of raising a ticket.

As Dave Tomlisinson said in another thread -

One of the things we are looking at is the LCP echorequests that are sent out to keep the connections alive and the thinking might be that for something like the DG834G the timeout is too low, or number of retries is too low. Another thing we are looking at is the possibility of a PPP/LCP/L2TP error within the latest Juniper software, which again may be related to the above with the echorequests.

What the exact cause of the problem is, I don't know, just seems to affect one router more than any others.

Dave Tomlinson
PlusNet Comms Team

Any more thoughts?