cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line upgrades

N/A

Line upgrades

Are line upgrades still taking place.

I remember getting a email a few months ago about that my package would be upgraded to the max my line could withstand. So, I'm still waiting Smiley...... Just want to check you haven't forgot about me and that I should ring up to get it resolved.

Thanks.
10 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Line upgrades

Dear Marie,

We have had to suspend the upgrade scheme owing to some problems that BT have been having with their max service.

You can go to http://max.force9.net to request an upgrade, but I'm afraid it may take some time.
N/A

Line upgrades

James you told me thier were no problems with maxdsl. I have been trying to get my low download speed sorted since you upgraded me in april.

I have asked for a BT broadband superviser to give me a home visit so I can show them the low download speed I am getting. YOU REFUSED even though if no fault found i would pay.

tech support say BT will not accept a line fault if the line had 2mg speed so I checked the 2mg you keep quoting is at peak sercive not 3am

Then tech support closed my ticket without contacting me
N/A

Line upgrades

Thanks, I've opted-in Smiley.
N/A

Line upgrades

Its a waste of time, I opted in months ago... not been upgraded yet.

I have told them now not to bother!
James
Grafter

Line upgrades

James you told me thier were no problems with maxdsl. I have been trying to get my low download speed sorted since you upgraded me in april.

I have asked for a BT broadband superviser to give me a home visit so I can show them the low download speed I am getting. YOU REFUSED even though if no fault found i would pay.

tech support say BT will not accept a line fault if the line had 2mg speed so I checked the 2mg you keep quoting is at peak sercive not 3am

Then tech support closed my ticket without contacting me

Jill,

Are you say you as James, or you as PlusNet?

We made a large announcement regarding the suspension of the upgrades, in line with the problems that BT were having with their DLM (Dynamic Line Management) systems.
N/A

Line upgrades

F9 not plusnet

JILL
James
Grafter

Line upgrades

Sorry, PlusNet PLC then.
N/A

Line upgrades

Will there be a reversal of the 'upgrade' to a service that works? Or do we need to switch ISP? I can't connect at all now, which is only slightly worse than the regularly disconnected service I've been getting since the beginning of May, and I'm getting slightly annoyed.
N/A

Line upgrades

If you have been put onto the alternative broadband supplier network, you may need this (I make no apologies for posting it again, this should really be a sticky on the forum):

So there you have, you have been LLU'd. For some people it is a smooth transition, for many others however, it is problematical. Quote from another thread about connection problems:

:

Notably your escapsulation mode. With IPStream, chances are both LLC and VC will work. With LLU only VC will work. Due to the backhaul architecture I believe and is the cause of many authentication issues after migration.

Hope it works, I have no way of knowing as most people don't respond after posting this. I can only assume it does Wink

Mark
N/A

Line upgrades

Hi Mark - thanks for posting that. I'll give it a go. You'd think they would have been able to warn of that problem before making the change...