cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line synch at 5mb..when will i get 5mb?

N/A

My router now shows its synch 5mb i was wondering how long does it take plusnt to now give me that 5mb to my line...is it after the 10 days....or will this be after few months :S
14 REPLIES
Lorian
Grafter

This has been covered in LOADS of threads. It's not PN it's the BT BRAS. Give it a few days.
N/A

Its a mix tbh.

The BRAS should update automatically within 3 days. However this is of little use or consolation if BT havent supplied Plusnet with the Delta report for your connection. This report is a report of your line and the different speeds it has been tested with and which ones are stable etc. It is only when BT hand this over to Plusnet ( usually the 10 day mark ) when you see an increase in your speed.

Regards,
N/A

Hi
I was upgraded yesterday im getting around 7.8MB to 8.1MB sync

DL yesterday was at 2Mb

today with a torrent i was getting around 450Kbs

https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate

this link says my current broadband is 7000

so thinks are looking good for me

it will just take a little time for things to settle down...
N/A

Are you sure about that Tom? I could only get a 1Mb line (attenuation excluded me for the 2Mb) until I was maxed on the 2nd. Last night my speed tests were all in excess of 3500 kbps and I am before any 3 or 10-day mark. Perhaps I am missing something in the message ?Huh
Community Veteran

Read http://aaisp.net.uk/maxmagic.html for background information explaining one view on what is/not happening with MaxDSL.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

thefergies,

This is the information I have been given and so have passed it on.
To be honest I am surprised that the full speed was available to you right after a reboot, ( I am jealous lol ).

Regards,
N/A

Thanks - this suggests that the 'system' rate limits until it can react to increase in sync speed and that this would be "within" 3 days. However it also says that in reality is that it reacts within 15 minutes. This would explain things re. my post.

gosdell - I spelled it out a bit here as you need to edit your linky to remove the full stop as it does not work at the mo'
Community Veteran

Im sticking to the hope that the 3 day rule is correct.

Unfortunately my connection first synced at 2mb after the connection was maxed, although the SNR was 18! It must have been like this for a few hours before I spotted it.

When I did, it synced at 5mb. But it seems my connection may MSR may have already been set by then, because the PN figure is still reading 2000, even though ive been synced between 4600 and 5100 for almost the last 48 hours, and have had three reboots in that time to try and "kick" it into action.

I hope that Ive not been set at 2mb due to the first initial connection which was very low for some reason. :?

Oh well - time will tell. Im going to try and leave it on solid for the next 24 hours, then maybe connect with the face plate removed.
aeroalfie
Grafter

I was upgraded yesterday - just done a PN speed test and my download speed is now 3.68 Mbps / 471.45 KB/sec
Community Veteran

Hmm - I was upgraded yesterday too - but my speed tests are still showing 1mb. Sad
aeroalfie
Grafter

TBH chesterfield I don’t know what is going on - I am synced At 8.1Mbps plus net page says my connection is 7000 and my download speed it now 3902.8.

This morning I couldn’t connect, had to leave it for several hours - maybe this has something to do with it - i hope 3-4Mbps isnt my final speed. :?
Community Veteran

Yeah - I reckon the whole system will be a bit "busy" to be honest - so its probably just "one of those things".

Im in no rush for the extra speed - to behonest im just glad to have any type of broadband connection back!

Extra speed will just be a bonus really.
N/A

Thanks Tom & Chesterfield - I get the picture now; I figured that everyone would get a download speed to match the syc speed within a short period of time just because I did. It appears that it takes a bit longer for a few people and some are getting stuck in a '2Mb/s rut' for even longer than that - there is something in the above linky that suggests that BTw need to give things a kick to get it out of this rut on rare occasions - I hope that you have not been unlucky in that respect but it is probably too early to tell.

Don't be to jealous of me - that's the fastest speed I will get and I am kinda jealous of all those people getting 8Mb/s first time!
Community Veteran

I hope that you have not been unlucky in that respect

Oh dont worry, if anyone is unlucky enough to be caught in it - I will. :lol: