Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line stats

ForeverArsenal
Grafter

Line stats

Hi
Wonder if someone would be kind enough to comment on my line
readins taken from my router,are they good//bad ??.

One thing I have noticed is the downsteam noise margin varies between
0 and 17 while I watch it,is that normal.

If I reboot router at quiet ,not so busy times it tends to synch at approx 3900kbps but can't seem to hold it,a few hrs later it drops to around 2500 to 3000kbps.

Router stats below.

System Up Time 00:06:33
Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s
WAN PPPoA 20 40 0 3 21
LAN 10M/100M 959 822 0 1177 274

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 2688 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation 47 db 13.5 db
Noise Margin 12 db 17 db

Thanks.
Barry

Sorry this post is NOT posting in the forum as it appears while constructing post ,ie the different stats/numbers are not spaced out as they should be.

[Moderator's note by chillypenguin: I have fixed the tags to force the table to display properly.]
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Line stats

_________________________________________________________________________________

System Up Time 00:06:33
Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
WAN PPPoA 20 40 0 3 21 00:05:24
LAN 10M/100M 959 822 0 1177 274 00:06:29

Click quote on this post to see how I formatted in with code tags.

What version of netgear are you using and what firmware version are you running?

Some models/firmware versions (DG834) do show SNR dropping wildly which is fixed in a later firmware update. Note the drop is not actually happening, is the router bug causing it.It also looks like you are on LLU (12dB SNR) which does help when you have the SNR problem as it is set higher than Max.

The variation in sync speeds is directly related to the line quality at the time which appears to vary on your line (like many others) and there is little you can do.
ForeverArsenal
Grafter

Line stats

What version of netgear are you using and what firmware version are you running?

Some models/firmware versions (DG834) do show SNR dropping wildly which is fixed in a later firmware update. Note the drop is not actually happening, is the router bug causing it.It also looks like you are on LLU (12dB SNR) which does help when you have the SNR problem as it is set higher than Max.
)

Hi Peter
Many thanks for taking the time to reply,appreciated.

Router is Netgear DG834 V3

Firmware is version 4.01.06

Definitely not on LLU... shudder....

Do have a earlier/older 834 with version 1.4 Huh firmware
which also synch's high then drops off a bit but not as much as this one with V4 firmware.

Older one does not show line stats.

Thanks.

[Moderator's note by chillypenguin: Quote tags fixed.]
Community Veteran

Line stats

Hi Barry

I have fixed the table in your first post as Peter suggested by using "code" tags.
And I also removed the errant "code" tag from where you quoted Peter. in your second post.

I have also dropped the bold, as I find it harder to read, and is a kind to shouting when when used for the whole post.

I have the same router, and suffer changing SNR throughout the day.

If by any chance you are running Linux and know what MRTG is I can let you have the graphing scripts.

Chilly