cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line fault - ticket opened 2 days ago, no response from PN

N/A

My DSL stopped early Thursday morning. Later that day I ran the fault checker with the following result:

Script User Unused - ADC - Developers 3:26pm, Thursday 13th July 2006

Broadband Fault Checker - Connection checks [ Completed ]

The Connection checks have now completed

Test result summary: Fail
We have completed testing of your broadband service. The results indicate that the fault may be caused by a problem with our systems. More information may be available on our Service Status page.Please check Service Status.If there is no service-wide problem reported on Service Status, we will provide an update when we have more information.

Since then no contact from PN technical support.

I run my own email servers on this line so mail is now starting to bounce. Not suprisingly I'm pretty unhappy about this.

Can someone please look into this with some urgency. I know there's a lot going on at PN at the moment but it shouldn't take two days to get around to looking at a ticket.

-AL
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Unfortuneatly this is how things are with support at the moment as there are too many faults in the system for PN to handle so it takes many days for them to get around to any new ones raised. I had several 5 day periods when I received no updates when I raised a fault recently.

CS may see this and get an update posted but if not, all you can do is wait, like many others in a similar position.
N/A

Well I got a response from them after only 2.5 days. But it was the fairly predictable "have you unplugged everything".

The line noise quoted by the support people looks like it might be quite bad, but I don't really know what would be considered good or normal:

Circuit Information
Circuit In Sync
Upstream xDSL Link Info
Loop Loss 22.5 dB
Cell Count 218
Downstream xDSL Link Info
Loop Loss 43 dB
Cell Count 1551

Previously my 2meg service was absolutely rock solid, it would stay connected for 10's of days without interruption.

Since I am currently 6000 miles away from home I wasn't quite in a position to run through the little unplugging ritual straight away, but today, at great personal expense, I've had my Dad travel the length of Great Britain to help me out.

Not suprisingly nothing we tried made a difference, despite even more personal expense on long international phone calls.

So its now back to Plus Net and hope that they don't make us wait another 2 days before deigning to respond.

PN, if you're listening, do us a favour and push this one through as quickly as you can so my Dad can go home. Ticket number is 19824713.