cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line cancellation

N/A

Line cancellation

Hi everyone.

Can anyone tell me how long will it take the guys/gals at Plusnet to cancel my service and remove their marker on my line? i have rasied tickets with them but heard nothing from them yet. Tried calling them, after pressing option this and that and this and that agian, i eventually get asked to go on the website and get dissconnected of the phone. Its a shame the service level has gone so low.
4 REPLIES
N/A

Line cancellation

They say it will be 3 weeks or so to get a MAC.

Some seem to have got it faster by complaining on here, others have said their ticket is in Limbo.

I do remember that you have to do it online as one person kept having her direct debits taken even though she had moved.

Its all good fun.
N/A

Line cancellation

To obtain a MAC when you are on a BT line should be a few days. To obtain one when on an LLU line can take longer because they have to ask for it from Tiscali Wholesale and well.. they aren't the fastest at giving them out unfortunatly!

Cancellations and MAC requests do need to be done via the portal help wizard at :- http://www.plus.net/wizard/index.html as they need a written record of your request.

If you migrate out the line should be released when the other order is processed leaving you with a very short period of downtime. If you straight out cancel. . . . . . i'm not sure.
N/A

Line cancellation

i've got my MAC but the ISP i wish to move to didn't accept LLU mac codes, but my line is now currenlty is being ceased. i just have to do without broadband for 2 weeks or so.
N/A

Line cancellation

i've got my MAC but the ISP i wish to move to didn't accept LLU mac codes, but my line is now currenlty is being ceased. i just have to do without broadband for 2 weeks or so.

Count yourself lucky! A friend of mine had a seperate line for internet since the days of dial-up. BT ceased their line by mistake which eventually resulted in Plusnet terminating their service. Neither party told my friend that they were doing this so the internet just stopped working.

They did not want to reconnect and £11 a month for a second line and moving the ADSL to their other line was considered a new install. They did not want to be tied into a new contract with Plusnet and subsequently BT so they transferred the main line to Talk Talk.

The phone will be converted in 3 weeks the ADSL is expected to take to the end of November!

So your two weeks sounds reasonable!