cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limewire

N/A

Limewire

It just does not work for me any more. (Premier 2Mb)

Is this Limewire or Plus throttling?

Anyone recommend any other service?
15 REPLIES
N/A

Limewire

Just checking my LimeWire... yep. it's working fine... version 4.9.22 Pro (so not the latest 4.9.37).

I'm on 2MB PayG

Tim
N/A

Limewire

Thats a bit of a worry - I'm not a heavy Limewire user but I do find it useful now and again. Are you saying that Plus are blocking it so you can't use it? I download my music from www.allofmp3.com - its a legal download site based in Russia. Completely safe and a fraction of the cost of iTunes. Give it a whirl.
N/A

Limewire

Sorry - just checked - my account is actually "PlusNet Broadband Home Lite 2Mb".
Just been looking at the Russian site - it does look good and you say it's completely safe? Must try it for real! Cheesy

Thanks,
Tim
N/A

allofmp3

Totally safe - I've been using it for a while - payments can be made via credit/debit card or via a system that goes through Paypal.
N/A

Limewire

Thanks, do you actually use LimeWire there?
N/A

Limewire

No, its a stand alone website. They have their own downloading software called allofmp3 explorer. It has nothing to do with Limewire.
N/A

Limewire

Thanks - that's what I thought I'd discovered but wondered if you had managed to use LimeWire.
Tim
N/A

Re: Limewire

I download my music from www.allofmp3.com - its a legal download site based in Russia.

Is that definately 100% legal ? The prices are very cheap. Robbie Williams latest album is only $1.49 Shocked
LiamM
Grafter

Limewire

No - it's not legal at all...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Limewire

I didn't believe it either so i looked this up
http://www.museekster.com/allofmp3info.htm
and it seems as though it is legal - but then again I'm no expert
N/A

Limewire

The legality of it is a real grey area. Because it's a Russian site, the hosting and distribution of the files is legal, but whether downloading them in the UK is legal is something different. Sites like this haven't recieved a defininite ruling on whether or not they are legal so until they do I'd assume you're alright
N/A

Limewire

Here's some interesting info..
Copyright, Design and Patents Act of 1988,
"Where in an action for infringement of copyright it is shown that at the time of the infringement the defendant did not know, and had no reason to believe, that copyright subsisted in the work to which the action relates, the plaintiff is not entitled to damages against him..."

In other words if you download from that site, which states that it is legal, you could in NO way have any action taken against you.
N/A

Limewire

there was a news artical on the site a while bk i believe...

i think by european / us law its illegal, but by russian its not, hence its out of the legal jurisdiction of the laws against it... i recall them asking to take it down... and they said no.. end of story lol
N/A

Limewire

Just checking my LimeWire... yep. it's working fine... version 4.9.22 Pro (so not the latest 4.9.37).

I'm on 2MB PayG

Tim

It would be, you're on a PAYG acccount, and have no throttling on p2p.