cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limewire Problem Yet Again

fraval
Grafter

I dont use Limewire much,but everytime I try and get on it,I cant. Displays a message saying = check your ISP isnt filtering the Gnutella P2P network,It must be.Also says check your firewall settings that Port 6346 is open.I have turned the firewall off,yet still cant connect.How do I check my Port settings to see if Port 6346 is open,or has anyone any other idea's how I can resolve this.

Many Thanks
Frav
2 REPLIES
N/A

You could try going here and following the links to "Shields Up". Then, in there, there is a "User Specified Custom Port Probe" where you can ask it to see if it can get a response on any port you care to mominate. A respone of "Passed" in this case means there was NO reply. You might want to try it with your firewall off first, then with it on. If it works only with the firewall off, then it's that that is blocking you.
I'm not aware of anything in PlusNet blocking the Gnutella protocol - I had to turn it off in my firewall to stop my kids using Limewire perpetually...

Cheers,
Ian.
fraval
Grafter

Thanks the lot Ian,I had a look at that ,but dont know what Im doing with It,im not PC techy at all

Many Thanks