Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limewire Info

fraval
Grafter

Limewire Info

Hi All
Can anyone help,i dont know a lot about pc's,i used to be able to connect to limewire,but it wont connect now,i have uninstalled and re-installed limewire ,but it still wont connect,it displays a message saying = port 6346,is gnutella being filtered by your isp ,does Plusnet filter gnutella??,also my 2MB is running under dial up speeds now,thanks in advance for any replies

frav
6 REPLIES
N/A

Limewire Info

Hi there,

Plus Net do not block or "filter" Limewire. I actually have it running at the moment Smiley

This is probably a local set up or config issue with your router or firewall.

Have a check at the settings there.

With regard your speed issues, is this general browsing and internet access or certain protocols?

Have you tried a BT Speed Test and the Exchange Checker ?

Always worth a go.
fraval
Grafter

Limewire Info

Hi Mark
Its mainly browsing,certain sites take ages to load on
sinewave
Grafter

Limewire Info

Are you sure your connection hasn't been throttled by plusnet due to over-use? have you "over-downloaded" with limewire. I'd check your download history using the "Show My Usage" tool in Connection Settings on the PN member portal
fraval
Grafter

Limewire Info

Hi Ocarrol
Defo not over ,havnt even used half a gig yet this month
N/A

Limewire Info

Hi fraval I had this exact problem after the outage last week. +net had the audacity to say i had changed something on my local network while I was at work and didnt return home untill about 10 minds before I submitted a ticket.

how can I change anything on my network while I have no access to the networkHuh

the only way that i was able to get around the problem was to power down the router and reboot it and try and connect to onbe of the good gateways

Im currently on ptn-ag2 with no problems reported from my flatmates.

Paul
N/A

Limewire Info

For those of you having speed problrms have a look at Stew's post here

All possible causes and diagnostics are dealt with there.

Hope that helps.