cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lift my managemnt for crying out loud!

N/A

You took the money yesterday, how about feeding the hampser on the wheel and lifting the management. Fed up (more accurate phrase cant be said) of sitting on 16kbs now. I know its not automated, but surely once youve got the money you should feel you need to perform some form of service for the customer.

Its took me 5 mins just to post this thread.
12 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Unfortunately as this isn't currently an automated process it can take up to twenty four hours for your profile to be changed.

Additionally, this isn't an official support method so you would be advised to raise a ticket via link:contact us if you have any further questions on this topic.
N/A

Unfortunately as this isn't currently an automated process it can take up to twenty four hours for your profile to be changed.

How can that be considered an acceptable answer.
The money has been taken, the service is not being delivered.
Manual or otherwise, it should be of no concern to the customers.
Why not start the process twenty fours hours earlier.
What your really saying is, "we have your money, so there's no rush"
Apart from fobbing them off with the worlds worst excuse, you're short changing them as well.

I know its not automated, but surely once youve got the money you should feel you need to perform some form of service for the customer.

It would appear not
Bernard_Shakey
Grafter

Why not start the process twenty fours hours earlier?

What he said ^

What is the reasoning for not starting to re-introduce speeds a little earlier? Then people could enjoy a full months surfing/browsing/downloading/whatever without having to post messages in these columns and that would leave your good selves free to concentrate on your *real* job (I know and appreciate the time you spend in these forums - thanks)

Not that I'm managed this month <phew> but I was managed at the End of Feb / start of March, and it took 2 days to get beck to full speed - that's nearly 6Gb worth of data download :shock: Wink (0r 2 months worth if you're a PayG customer!)

Dave
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

What we don't know is how long after someone goes past the limit they are placed on management. If this can also be delayed by a day then you're not really losing out.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

This is the excuse that has been used before, the delay can work both ways. Of course that doesn't mean that it definitely does in practice on every instance. The manual process and everything associated with it (including limits with no way of monitoring them) should never have been introduced. The system has been confusing and unfair to the customer. We've had the promise of the holy grail of automation dangled for a long time now, we'll find out over the next month if it really does make things better, or just creates more problems.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I suspect more people will go on management - not because of the changed limits but because of the automation. At present if someone goes over just a few days before their billing date, I wonder if they bother putting them on management for the short term benefit it brings to the network and the fact that it has to be undone a few days later.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Eventualy off management, 2 days after taking the money.

What i find bad is that they will happily spend money to slow the speeds down but when it comes to a situation of giving you bandwidth they seem very reluctant.

Oh well.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

It's for reasons like this that we have spent so much time and effort into building the automation into our systems. As the work is currently a very manual process it does take time to generate and process all the data. We're very close now to seeing the end of this manually processing so situations like this don't occur.
Mand
Grafter

I am sorry that it took so long to get your account back up to full speed. As stated by my colleague previously this is at present a manual process and depending on how many managed customers have passed billing on a given day there can be delays getting this lifted.

We are implementing a solution to this along with the product refresh within the next month.

In real terms we are automating the management process so that as soon as your billing date rolls around any management applied will be lifted.

Therfore from April onwards this issue should be resolved.
N/A

I will admit last few months it took only a few hours, this is the first time its taken this long, so hopefully its not going to be a regular occurance.
Bernard_Shakey
Grafter

What we don't know is how long after someone goes past the limit they are placed on management. .

Quite, we don't know. But we do know when the restrictions have not been lifted, such as in this case. One is a definite, the other a possible.

Dave
N/A

Therfore from April onwards this issue should be resolved.

Hopefully, for all of our (customer and employee) sakes!
But it doesn't change the fact that the rollout of the manual process and all the management that came along was implemented extremely poorly from the customers perspective. The VMBU system not actually showing anything to do with the limits and the delays in lifting any limits imposed, suspect signatures and profiles being used amongst other problems. These have all contributed to the view from many that PlusNet can't handle such transitions or communicate them adequately to customers. This is why many of us are suspect about how well the move to automation will go and are far more wary of anything PlusNet says or does than we used to be. It's sad, but true, and PlusNet only have themselves to blame I'm afraid.