cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Level 4 Management

tcs2000
Grafter

Level 4 Management

I've had 4 e-mails all saying that I'm on Level 4 usage management.
What happened to Levels 1 2 & 3?!!
Should I not have had e-mails going from 1 to 2 to 3 to 4?
62 REPLIES
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Level 4 Management

It depends when you went over levels 1, 2 and 3. As we only started sending these emails recently, if you went over these levels before we started sending the mails then went onto level 4 since we started sending emails the first email you get will be for level 4.
tcs2000
Grafter

Level 4 Management

Fair enough but it was annoying as information I received from Plusnet Tech Support in December indicated I was safe so long as my usage was under 30gb a month.
Can you please point me in the direction for details of the Levels and usage?
N/A

Level 4 Management

I have the same problem. Of interest McAffee wanted to download an update, that took just over 30 mins. It is comeing a problem to keep internet security software up to date with so many up-dates, getting bigger and bigger and now problems in downloading them.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Level 4 Management

tcs2000
Grafter

Level 4 Management

I have already looked there.
It does not explain about Levels 1-4.
Please refer me to a page which shows Levels 1-4 , usage limits and when e-mails are sent
My speed at present is severely restricted at peak times.I've not managed to get above 150 from 8am to Midnight.
I downloaded some modem drivers yesterday and a 17mb file took nearly an hour!
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Level 4 Management

That page does explain the different levels, you need to use the drop-down to select which account you are on, then the levels are revealed.
tcs2000
Grafter

Level 4 Management

I am on BB+ and it does not display these levels.
I have already checked!
N/A

Level 4 Management

I have had a look and BB+ tells me what I can down load in the way of emails, web pages etc but does not explain what all the Level 1, 2, 3, 4 penalties are. BB Premier 2M tell me what the penalties are. So when does Level 1, 2, 3, 4 kick in for BB+
Why make life easy when someone can make it difficult.
tcs2000
Grafter

Level 4 Management

As there hasn't been a reply from Plusnet then they probably don't know themselves.
I got whacked straight onto Level 4.
Usage was under 25gb for my month of 23.11-23.12.
This restriction on my account is totally unfair ESPECIALLY as I was told on the phone by CS Tech Support in December that I'd be ok so long as I was under 30gb.
In view of this I suggest that you should take off this throttling immediately not just for myself but for anyone who is under this 30gb limit.
I await your reply Plusnet.
N/A

Level 4 Management

I am on BB+ and it does not display these levels.
I have already checked!

This has been raised via the UserGroup. As soon as we have clarification I'll post here.
tcs2000
Grafter

Level 4 Management

Shame you couldn't have done it "before the horse has bolted" so to speak.
Also no hint of an apology for saying it was there on the page..
Just another example of this "high and mighty" attitude that Plusnet have adopted in the past couple of weeks.
N/A

Level 4 Management

I set a ticket asking what the levels are and where I can read about it. Average time to reply was under 8 hrs then. I must admit, I did put on the ticket I didnt expect their usual helpfull reply. Up until now I have been happy with Plus Net. On this one however - not a happy bunny. Terms & Conditions changed so radically on my BB+ account. These T&C so complicated it seems that I am not the only one not understanding. Penalties imposed with no warning. NO chance to make even slight ammends once told with such limits put on. To top it all, my latest virus definition download timed out! All I want now is a virus which sends vast amounts of data from my computer being used as a zombie.
I would not have such a problem if only Plus Net had been a bit more helpful in issueing warnings and clear T&C's.
Well, the ticket should be returned by 2130 Hey, what do yu know, not returned yet.. Meanwhile, browsing is just either not possible, or just about. get a web page with a bit of content - time for a coffee. And this will continue untill 28th of the month.
N/A

Level 4 Management

Have a look at http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/network/traffic_management.shtml

It doesnt tell you the restriction speeds or what useage you have to do to qualify for the corresponding levels, all it says is more things like "most plus users dont go over 5GB".

Whats the download limits per level of management, its not that difficult to answer straight. I dont care what PN say to make plus sound like a good deal.

And from the way you quote

* Please note that this figure may change based on wholesale capacity costs.

Whos to say that the plus service wont turn into a 2GB a month cap as you feel you need more profit?
N/A

Level 4 Management

See my above post. My ticket has been returned. NO info which I asked for so I ahve asked again. I want to know, where can I read when the various levels kick in for a BB+ account. Where can I read what the various level mean for a BB+ account. Simple question, I am sure the answer is somewhere.
Oh the ticket reply did tell me that the restrictions could not be removed untill my next billing date. As I said I have no choice over that, but I didnt ask for that anyway.