cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Level 4 Broadband Plus Usage Management

N/A

Why no warning, before having my internet connection crippledHuh?

YES! CRIPPLED!

Connection is down to 15kbps, which tbh is unusable as a broadband. Especially with two desktops and a notebook connected. Sad

I only downloaded 9.5gb too. Admittedly, 9gb was during peak hours tho'.

But this isn't a common occurence.

I thought the download limit for BB+ during peak times was somewhere in the region of 20gb anyway?

My recent monthly download limits are:

Nov-Dec: 8.3GB
Dec-Jan: 8.2GB
Jan-Feb: 3.2GB
Feb-Mar: 9.5GB (So Far)

So what gives?

Why such a dramatic crippling of my account?

Or am I mistaken with usage limit of 20GB peak usage?

Can I have some answers please?

Beginning to wish I'd never joined Plusnet now! Sad
-
Regards
Glorified Dial-Up User
25 REPLIES
N/A

Hi Ripperoo,

The Broadband Plus usage guidelines are 5GB peak (8a.m.- Midnight) and 50GB off-peak (Midnight- 8a.m.)

I'd suggest that you have a read of this:
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37901
___oDiN__
Grafter

premier has 30 gb peak (20gb clean) and 100 gb max per month
plus has never has 20 gb limit stated/applied to it
N/A

It would seem as though your usage is far better suited to premier as apposed to BB+

It should be free for you to upgrade if you were to consider this, but looking at your past usage and your current stats I can only see you have this problem month in month out with no real solution ( unless you either cut down your usage or move everything bar 5GB to off peak ).

regards,
aeroalfie
Grafter

ripperoo:

Due to your Nov-Dec usage (as its over 5GB) you will probably find over the last month or so you have been put on a static IP to monitor what individual protocols you use.
If you do have a static IP you will have it indefinatly.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Actually your usage would be ideal for the new PAYG 10GB included package which is cheaper than Premier and also less shaped
N/A

But judging by the usage holtlane the 10GB PAYG account wont be enough before he would have to buy extra BW making the package more expensive than premier.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Tom.,
Only for the last month. all previous months quoted were under it.
It really depends whether he expects to go over 10GB on a regular basis
Remember upgrading to Premier is free but downgrading to PAYG 10GB from Premier will cost £14.99
If this month is an oddball switching to the PAYG package resets the usage to zero and he should then be OK
N/A

Holtlane,

Indeed true. I always work with a little bit of an overhead too. So if I use 9 GB I wont look at a package offering only 10GB etc as my usage can fluctuate and could go above.

Upgrading to premier is free. Upgrading from premier to PAYG should also be free despite costing less it is a more superior account as it charges by the GB in bw once you get to your limit.

At least this is how ive understood it for so long.
Community Veteran

When I changed to PAYG 10GB I was charged £14.99 - although I suspect you can cheat the system but I don't know....
JonathanW
Grafter

Moving to PayGo is a bit of a trickey one, as the system bases charges on the price that you're paying. Which means that switching from Premier to PayGo normally results in a downgrade charge. That being said, if you were to move to PayGo and have a certain ammount of included bandwidth then the system wouldn't charge you, and a couple of months down the line you can reduce your included bandwidth, so its a bit of a sneaky way to get around the system.
N/A

Hmm,

I could almost swear down it was said that moving to PAYG was free due to it being a superior service ( despite the lower initial costs ).

I dont think im going to have much luck in trying to find the thread and post with this in so I wont even say ill try and find it lol.

Regards,
10crawford
Grafter

Can't believe a Plusnet member of staff posted this:

so its a bit of a sneaky way to get around the system
N/A

I thought the order of priority was simply: Plus < PAYG < Premier.
Seems that was too simplistic a view Sad
JonathanW
Grafter

Yes, moving from Plus to PayG doesn't involve a fee, similarly moving from either of those to Premier doesn't generally involve a fee, other than in the rare occasions where a customer has included bandwidth that pushes their monthly fee above £21.99

What I've suggested above, in my other post, is something that most people should be able to work out after looking at how the downgrade/upgrade system works.