Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Level 1...now Level 2

Marco
Grafter

Level 1...now Level 2

A week ago I got the Level 1 BB+ Usage Mangement email
I haven't downloaded a thing since and today I recieved an email saying i'm on Level 2 UM
Is this good or not? Is Level 2 better or worse than Level 1? I don't have a clue what any of it actually translates into

Since P2P only gives more than about 10k/s between midnight and 8 am, when it's supposed to be unmonitored (ie it's already shaped), it's hard to see what the fuss is about anyway

So is level 2 UM A Good Thing (compared to level 1)? :roll:
28 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Level 1...now Level 2

Hi,

This is going to be for your total usage, including everything, not just for the p2p usage which is already managed. As you go through the month, and download more, then you'll move up the management levels. With level 2 being more heavilly managed than level 1, and so on.
Marco
Grafter

Level 1...now Level 2

OK Thanks, but that begs the question...

If I was put on level 1 a week ago then downloaded nothing at all since getting the email, why have I been moved up to level 2?

You see my point? I responded to the first email as PN would wish, stopping all downloading, then PN responds by upgrading to a heavier-handed useage management. That makes no sense
N/A

Level 1...now Level 2

Which is why they refuse to publish any usage figures, they reserve the right to shaft you whenever they want, as hard as they want.
N/A

hi

your lucky I wasn't even warned by Plusnet and my speeds ahve been restricted to little of 56k for web browsing! trying to download a 1meg file last night kept dropping connection!
why doesnt plusnet do us all a favour and wipe the slate clean as these measures have only just been put in place and warning emai lsystem only running a few days!
If they dont I'm sure alot of customers will leave without a trace and certainly won't recommend a company that has such poor communication with its customers, the customers who keep them in jobs dont forget!
and one last thing hasd anyone noticed how smug customer service reps are on this issue ! makes my blood boil!
JonathanW
Grafter

Level 1...now Level 2

Hi,

This could be due to the fact that at the moment it takes upto twenty four hours for an email to be sent out, as it is still a largly manual proces. So in a very few cases it could be possible to be put onto a management level and then before this is fully applied you could have downloaded enough to get you moved up to the next management level.

However, if you are now moderating your usage, it is unlikely that you will be moved further up the scale.
N/A

Level 1...now Level 2

However, if you are now moderating your usage, it is unlikely that you will be moved further up the scale.

Well, I could have sworn your literature said "No need to monitor your usage".
N/A

hi

can someone from your customer service maybe that (mentally ill guy i talked to other night on the phone who made no sense and read from a script!) please send me a legendary warning email so i can find out what level im on because i'm dieing to see one!
kind regards
N/A

Level 1...now Level 2

Clasic! :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you are experiencing slow web pages, You could do well to read my last post in this thread, http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?p=271162#271162
N/A

Level 1...now Level 2

Hi,

This could be due to the fact that at the moment it takes upto twenty four hours for an email to be sent out, as it is still a largly manual proces. So in a very few cases it could be possible to be put onto a management level and then before this is fully applied you could have downloaded enough to get you moved up to the next management level.

thats just plain ridiculous, to be moved onto management without warning, then emailing the customer? surely it should be the other way round wether the emails r done manually or not? plusnet must be run by thickos, thats my conclusion
JonathanW
Grafter

Level 1...now Level 2

The email is sent out at the same time as the profile is applied, which can be up to twenty four hours after the usage threshold has been crossed.
N/A

hi

well congrats on being an everton fan first but bigger applauds go to your conclusions of how plusnet is being run!

they expect their customers to be happy either way we are in a no win battle which shouldn't be the case our ISP should be doing the upmost to keep its customers happy but the way I see it they couldn't give a damn if they lose us as customers theres always another sucker ready to be fooled by their mis-leading contracts!

we're just numbers nothing more
N/A

Level 1...now Level 2

timaxford. Please do not make comments such as that made in your previous post. Comments such as those in no way enhance your cause and are not in keeping with the spirit of these boards.

Derogatory comments against forum users or staff are not welcome.
N/A

yay

I got a warning message not quite an email about my usage but atleast its something back off support !
The thing is my blood is boiling on this issue and all i get back is the same answers you see!
1) why wasn't I warned about my account be
2) why should I be punished without warning
3) why doesnt plusnet make things clearer and simpler for its prospective customers to understand before signing up
4) why is it that i'm being limited to browsing speeds slower than dial-up as this is too far in the punishment stakes in my eyes for something that plusnet mis-lead us on!
5)Out of good will why dont customers reset restrictions for customers like myself now that the new super duper email warning system is in place oh the joys!

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Accidental duplicate post removed]
N/A

Level 1...now Level 2

timaxford. Please do not make comments such as that made in your previous post. Comments such as those in no way enhance your cause and are not in keeping with the spirit of these boards.

Derogatory comments against forum users or staff are not welcome.

I think it's just a reflection of how fed up PN users have become with allowances, invisible allowances, changed allowances, changed time slots for allowances, changed time slots for invisible allowances, vmbu tools, vmbu tools that tell you nothing new, vmbu tools that simply split usage into two time slots, emails that aren't sent on throttling, emails that are sent on throttling, PN staff not knowing the allowances, PN staff not knowing the invisible allowances.

It's all getting a bit silly and I maintain that this has all been caused by the fact that plusnet misleadingly advertised its products as unlimited and now everyone is suffering as a result. Still my 12 months is up in April :lol: