cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Level 1 Management NOT lifted

N/A

I had this email below yesterday and my Usenet is still downloading today at a max of 60 Kbps. What the hell is going on PlusnetHuh

Your username: tywyn

This email is to notify you that you have successfully passed your billing date therefore peak-time usage management has been removed from your service.

To avoid further restrictions to your service please schedule large downloads for off-peak times.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Kind Regards,
PlusNet Customer Support
14 REPLIES
N/A

Hi, don't expect it to be lifted! I am now 9 days after my billing date and they have not lifted my level1..
JonathanW
Grafter

The profile is reset once you have been successfully billed, which can cause some slowdown if you're paying via direct debit. However, once your profile is reset you'll receive an email saying that this has happened.
ceridwen
Grafter

Let me get this straight, you are sending an e-mail out which says

"This email is to notify you that you have successfully passed your billing date therefore peak-time usage management has been removed from your service."

However, despite what the e-mail says, the management has not actually been removed from the service at that point, and doesn't get removed until after the payment has been taken.

Matthew
JonathanW
Grafter

No, that email is only sent out once the profile has been reset.

However, the original poster has a different issue, which due to its nature I've noted on his account.
ceridwen
Grafter

Thanks for thed clarification.

Matthew
N/A

so how long does it take for plusnet to get payment if someone is paying via direct debit? my billing date was 9 days ago and I pay via direct debit and haven't had the reset email yet.
JonathanW
Grafter

It depends on the bank that you're paying from. Though normally it comes through in five to seven working days.
N/A

The profile is reset once you have been successfully billed, which can cause some slowdown if you're paying via direct debit.

This does seem a little unfair on Direct Debit customers- "You can pay by credit card or Direct Debit", but in reality you're disadvantaged if you pay by direct debit.

Maybe Plusnet should be recommending credit cards more clearly, as the preferred option, given that credit card payers receive a superior service?
N/A

Maybe Plusnet should be recommending credit cards more clearly, as the preferred option, given that credit card payers receive a superior service?

just what I was thinking. It's now 6 working days (my billing date) from the emailing saying that they will be taking payment via direct debit. and I am still capped. there is only 22 days left before I get billed again.
N/A

No, be fair PlusNet, this is complete rubbish!

As a neutral observer, I think this is a very weak excuse. No DD payment should take more than 5 working days to clear - but this isn't the point.

If you still are unable to automatically lift these bans, you should at least lift them after ppl have paid for next month by DD.

If this really is a problem, with the DD bouncing, just suspend the account? If you can't do this, and this control is the only way of balancing bandwidth, then I really am concerned about how limited your resources are... :shock:

Just my 2p
N/A

My billing date was nearly two weeks ago and I'm still bein capped. They tell me my account has no traffic limiting, but I get abysmal speeds during the day, which suddenly leap back up at midnight!

I wish Plusnet would just stop lying.
Grimbo
Grafter

I received a level 1 management notification and subsequently received an email telling me it had been removed due to payment - but I am convinced it is still in place, my download speeds miraculously rocket at midnight!
N/A

The same was being discussed the other day, and I agree it seems unfair.

What I do want however is confirmation from PlusNet about if the allowance is being eaten in to during these days where it's not been reset?

I asked here and haven't had a reply. I think I also asked a couple of weeks ago but didn't ask it so clearly as I wasn't under the impression the delay between two events was so large (I was under the impression the delay was just the manual processing between VMU reset on billing date, and someone lifting the management - not actually the money being received for the billing).

Please can we have this confirmed PlusNet? http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?p=278616#278616
N/A

My billing date was nearly two weeks ago and I'm still bein capped. They tell me my account has no traffic limiting, but I get abysmal speeds during the day, which suddenly leap back up at midnight!

I wish Plusnet would just stop lying.
hi there i get the same probs i think we be better off leaving these and going as were as they not a good isp in fact there rubbish mark 94