cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lets hear it for Plusnet

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Lets hear it for Plusnet

All I seem to see in this forum are complaints about Plusnet.

My experience is that I came from a good ISP (Vossnet that didn't at the time have any plans to go ADSL)

My experiences with Plusnet have all been excellent (except a few understandable times when the customer services lines have been totally blocked because of a BT problem...hardly Plusnet's fault)

On most occasions if a (often national) problem is beyond their control, at least Plusnet contrive to put out a pre-recorded message for incoming callers...tell me another ISP that bothers with that welcome touch.

My change (and use of) over from 56K modem to ADSL was completely painless and faster in installation) than Plusnet intimated it would be.

My few approaches to customer services have always been met with courtsey, knowledge and efficiency..even occasionally going outside their remit with areas that are not their responsibility.

I find it incredible that whingers and complainers still remain with Plusnet, why if it's so bad? after all there are plenty of others out there, but I venture to suggest that the totally fault free ISP doesn't exist.

I would have no hesitation in recommending Plusnet to anybody thinking of changing their ISP

Modern techy devices do break down occasionally, so lets give a bit of leeway to the guy's who are trying to fix it.

So let's hear it for Plusnet...

Peter
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
12 REPLIES
N/A

Yay!

Moving from AOL dialup [argh[ to plusnet dsl was painless and quick aswell! The customer support is a breath of fresh air [AOL's tech support was just "I advise you to call the customer support line on..."].

The features you get with your account are amazing as well! [especially the hosting].

Great job guys!
N/A

Lets hear it for Plusnet

Most people turn to the forum as a last resort ,in desperation and frustration at being unable to solve their issues. Hence the tetchy comments, its a way to let off steam aswell as find help.
Theres no point in being curteous and play nice music to someone who can't stay connected for more than two minutes , has a dodgy modem or hasn't
had there equipment delivered for ages, unless you can actually do something to resolve the problem.
I would hardly describe them as' whingers', just because you have had no problems.
For your information, these 'whingers' have signed up for a years contract and would'nt be able to leave unless they paid up the full years rent.
I'm happy and would recommend Plusnet aswell, now that my problems have been solved. But would thank in particular some of these 'whingers' on the forum whos advice actually helped solve my issues.
So lighten up guys.
N/A

Lets hear it for Plusnet

Couldn't agree with you more Aleca. This forum has been set up by plusnet specifically for customer feedback:

We always welcome your feedback - here's where you can discuss all aspects of the service we provide with the Support team and other customers

If users find the a certain service good or bad then by all means post their view. However making personal remarks is offensive and not welcome here, whether its about Plusnet support or other users posts.

There is no disputing the value of the package provided by Plusnet is second to no other ISP, but its this type of forum that allows Plusnet to monitor and ultimately improve their service and I'm sure thats what all of us want.
Community Veteran

Lets hear it for Plusnet

I take your point about not being able to get out of yearly contracts, I hadn't really considered that aspect of staying in a situation you're not altogether happy with.

And indeed your point about letting off steam, I suppose I was doing that as well, although if you're in the unhappy position of not being served well by Plusnet I expect you may not see the irony of that.

I in my convoluted way was only trying to get over that the whole Plusnet customer base is not totally unhappy with them.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
N/A

Lets hear it for Plusnet

the whole Plusnet customer base is not totally unhappy with them.

I reckon that most of us who have an occasional gripe about +net are quite happy with them. I am, but if you stay with them long enough, I am certain that you'll find something to annoy you. I have a couple of times.

The service is certainly a lot better than it was a few years ago when dissenting customers were taken to a place of lawful execution and there....

I can only say that +net are lucky that they've got that nice Mr. Wild working for them who is always so kind to the customers Smiley
N/A

Lets hear it for Plusnet

Well, we're fairly new to +Net but we're all VERY happy so far. We also came from an AOL dialup (no, we don't miss Connie AT ALL) and I'm now going through the motions of trying to stop AOL billing me after I cancelled both by email and phone. This appears to be such a common problem that it is almost certainly company policy set by someone at the top of this big faceless multi-national. Of course I haven't tried to cancel +Net but the impression I HAVE got from their Customer Support is that they're still small enough to CARE about their own reputation. I think if you had a serious gripe you COULD get to the top. I haven't had cause to test this and it only an impression gained from the guy who answered the phone... but then, that's one of the best things about a small company... there's very few layers between the guy at the top and the one who answers the phone. It SHOWS.

One other point. Someone (sorry, please scroll up, I've forgotten your name) said that people turn to the forums as a last resort. This may be true - but amidst the gripes (and the praise) there are a lot of ANSWERS here too - and a lot of HELP. Maybe this should be regarded as the first place to look rather than a last resort?
Community Veteran

Lets hear it for Plusnet

As a matter of interest; I know somebody who's just gone back to AOL!!! mind you he was with BT Openworld in between...citing that it was easier to go back than endure the constant battle of trying to deal with all the bits of AOL that keep coming up on his PC in spite of being uninstalled.

Community Veteran

Lets hear it for Plusnet

You'd be suprised how many people leave real ISPs to go back to AOL because they like the overall 'easyness' of AOL, not that I consider BT openwoe a real ISP either though. Tongue

Chris
Community Veteran

Lets hear it for Plusnet

Yes I agree. You do have to have some computer "savy" to be able to set up your account on Plusnet and of course some people that use the Internet have no knowledge at all of how it works, they just want to switch it on and use it.
This is were AOL's CD comes in. They just let it do all the setting up and away they go. "Internet for dummies" I suppose
Ianwild
Grafter

Lets hear it for Plusnet

Thanks for the comments guys,

We welcome ALL customer feedback. Personally for me, I regard problems as an opportunity to do my job properly. To go home at the end of the day knowing that I have been able to help people and solve their issues is what gets me out of bed everyday!

The nature of this industry is that there will never be a perfect ISP unless that ISP simply provides a single service (In which case they are not really an ISP!). If you look at the amount of services we offer I am confident that on the whole we are more reliable and have better tech support than anyone else. We have more than 50,000 paying customers. When you consider the amount of negative feedback we get it is exceedingly minimal if you take the number of active subscribers into account.

I am certain that PlusNet will never operate an entirely problem free service. It is the nature of the business we are in that things will go wrong techncially from time to time AND that the speed at which we work will result in the occasional bout of human error. That said, as has already been pointed out, if you take a look at the progress we have made over the years it will be clear that we are moving in the right direction and I can assure customers that we will never stop working to improve our service in every way we can.

With Regards,
Regards,
Community Veteran

Lets hear it for Plusnet

I rest my case

P

Community Veteran

Lets hear it for Plusnet

I read this thread, and felt I had to put in my £0.02 worth.

I subscribed to plus.net DSL in January. I went with them because they were cheap. I'm a skinflint/miser/whatever you want to call it!

I'm network administrator for a company who also have DSL provided by plus.net (it was all registered at about the same time),

The bottom line is that I have had problems with the connection to plus.net. At work, we purchased a DG814 router, which worked perfectly. At home, I received the Solwise SAR110 router from plus.net which had problems when configuring it. I eventually got that sorted with Solwise direct, and forwarded the configuration information to plus.net so they could give it to other customers who had the same problem.

Connectivity both at work, and at home goes down probably once a week. Mail is sometimes slow, and occasionally DNS requests simply don't work.

That is the summary of the bad stuff - now the good stuff.

I *LOVE* plus.net and here is why:

Whenever they have a problem, it is usually posted on the service status page within minutes. If its not, if I raise a ticket, its responded to within an hour or so.

When the DD bounced for my home DSL due to my own stupidity, they CALLED me and asked me when it would be ok to take it.

*NO* other ISP provides cgi/mysql/fp/domain hosting/IP blocks *FOR FREE*

The support available is fantastic!

Its fast. Now that seems stupid, but I've played with friends ADSL connections connected to different providers, and the perceived speed on plus.net is a lot quicker.

All I can say is to keep up the good work, and I'll be a life-long ADSL customer of yours!

B.