cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lets have some peace!

Community Veteran

Lets have some peace!

Plusnet have posted today in the staus pages the reason for the delays in transferring us all to MAXDSL. It is quite clearly outwith their control due to restictions placed by BT on daily upgrade submittions. Until the mass upgrade process is in place we like every other BB users in the UK will just have to lump it.

My exchnage was on the trial and I had hoped that would mean higher speeds faster but alas not.

There has to be some logical and fair way of decided who is first. Given some of the comments in the forums from plusnet support may appear to have contradicted eachother and plusnet have admitted their errors.

I for one am on the 21.99 package and have accepted that I'll need to wait. I wish I didn't but there is nothing that can be done.

Does it really matter the order we are all moved over. Those paying for the upto 4 and 8mb packages deserve, in my mind, to get 1st bite of the cherry. PAYG was only recently changed to upto 8mb unlike the other packages which have been onsale for months.

I used to vitis the forums alot but as all it's about now is why not me..... I'm starting to wonder why.

Lets get back to being constructive not destructive.

all IMHOP

A
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Lets have some peace!

PAYG was only recently changed to upto 8mb unlike the other packages which have been onsale for months.

Not right I'm afraid. PAYG became up to 8MB a year ago.

Premier £21.99 (level 1) only became up to 8MB this month with the product refresh.

Also in this months product reresh PAYG became "Super-fast up to 24Mb speeds when available"
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Ommin
Grafter

Re: Lets have some peace!

There has to be some logical and fair way of decided who is first.

I agree but surely allowing people to pay a fee to queue jump is not the way to go. The following is a copy of their most recent statement which does not rule out that possibility.

"A commonly asked question has been whether or not we will allow people to pay a fee, in order that they can "queue jump" and thus gain their faster speeds in a more timely means. We will not currently be offering this. The reason behind this, is that we do not want to violate the agreement that we have with BT, and thus damage the relationship that we have with them. We shall be re-evaluating this stance once the Bulk Regrade tool becomes available, once we have a better indication as to how many orders we will be allowed to submit on a daily basis."
Community Veteran

Lets have some peace!

Personally I believe Plus.Net have got the priory order right;

The customers, who have been paying over the odds for an 8M connection before it was available.
Followed by the rest, in order that they joint Plus.Net to reward loyalty.

Chilly
Community Veteran

Lets have some peace!

Followed by the rest, in order that they joint Plus.Net to reward loyalty.

I have been with PN since September 2000, but could only change to ADSL in April 2005, it is apparently the April 2005 date they will use to decide loyalty. It would have been earlier, February 2005, if the ISDN to ADSL conversion had gone smoother.

So do you think they have the right view on the definition of loyalty too? I realise they had to cut it somehow.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Ommin
Grafter

Lets have some peace!

Personally I believe Plus.Net have got the priory order right

Only for as long as they do not allow people to queue jump by paying an additional fee.
Community Veteran

Lets have some peace!

I'm with Chilly on this.
However what "godsell4" states -quoted below- regarding PN loyalty seemingly being based on when people were changed over to adsl, instead of how long they truely have been with PN, does indeed suck!! :|
This should be revised imo!

I have been with PN since September 2000, but could only change to ADSL in April 2005, it is apparently the April 2005 date they will use to decide loyalty.
N/A

Lets have some peace!

I'm paying 29.99 a month for premier which means I am on option 2 (upto 16mbit)
How do Plusnet expect to honor and deliver these speeds over 8mbit/s any time soon?
passer
Grafter

Lets have some peace!

I think it's a couple of good clear announcements from the Comms team. In fact, perhaps there's an opportunity to tidy up the index page on the forum by replacing the current stickies with these post from James. And if there's a new post asking a question clearly covered in the stickies, maybe the mods could add a link to the appropriate sticky and lock it, to prevent needless, albeit well intentioned, posts going over the same old ground.

Nothing I say here is going to change the date I actually get MaxDSL, because that date is yet to be determined. I know just about where I stand now, and it's about where I thought I stood, so that's cool.

As for the possibility of paying to queue-jump, well - fair enough. If it matters that much to you, and you're prepared to pay, why shouldn't PlusNet cash in if they want? The argument that you push someone else down the queue is specious - this is a free upgrade, within the gift of the ISP, to allocate as they please.