cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving

N/A

Leaving

Will some one from +Net please answer ticket 19481843,
as I am moving over to my new ISP on Monday.
I am going to cancell my DD, so don`t blame me if I owe you any thing.
I have ask you and if you can not be bothered to answer my ticket that is up to you.
The ticket as been in since the 25th timed at 3.19pm and you said tickets were being answered in about 6 hours.
It is now the 26th. time 11.55am.
8 REPLIES
N/A

Leaving

a) staff are concentrating on the backlog of tickets, so probably won't see your post in the web discussion forum, anyway... hopefully it will lead to you seeing a reply soon.

b) the stats that are reported are averages, as some take much longer than others, and there have been comments before about whether it is worth having any "average" times shown, since the amount of time for most tickets will not match whatever time is displayed.

c) if you still have no answer tomorrow morning, you might consider ringing their 0845 number. It should cost 1p/min as it is off-peak all weekend.
N/A

Leaving

Also be careful about cancelling your DD as a dispute resolution method.
All that will acheive is any payments due failing, thus PN will have to chase them up with you manually, alternatively if you don't pay them for any extended period of time, you could find yourself on the wrong side of a debt collection agency, and possible a credit black mark against your name.

Usually they are pretty good at issuing MAC keys quickly, did you use the wizard to post your cancellation ticket? This is the best way to ensure your ticket arrives at the right department. If you just raised a ticket then it'll be stuck in the queue waiting for CS to get to it and post it to the right dept.
N/A

Leaving

sallyandjames,
Thanks for the input, but the trouble is my next DD to +Net, June will be taken on the 29 of this month and if they don`t sort it out I will be fighting to try and get that month back.
N/A

Leaving

No prob's

Thinking about it though, don't you have to give 30 days notice? If so, then I guess you still have to pay at the end of the month anyhow?
Also if PN haven't given you your MAC yet, how have you managed to get signed up at another ISP?
N/A

Leaving

I have got my MAC and told +net I was leaving but it was shorter than 30 days,
my new ISP has confirmed that the change over to them is the 29 of this month.
If only +Net would answer my ticket I would not have this worry.
N/A

Leaving

If you have your MAC, then there should be no issue - you will probably still have to pay the 30days notice, but didn't PN go through all that originally when they issued the MAC?
Surely if they have given you the MAC, they should have also told you everything else you need to know. All I can say to that is good luck!
N/A

Leaving

Good luck. I migrated to PN on the 28th April (don't :lol: :lol: ) and my BT bill was on the 11th May and surprise surprise BT charged me for the 3 months. Since 11th have been chasing BT have most of it been refunded but they still owe me from the 28th April to 11th May.

BT retail had no record that I had migrated and this was down to BT wholesale not feeding the info back.

So if BT can get it wrong what are the chances that PN will get it right? Can only follow PN advise when migrating over to them that when the migration has completed to get confirmation from the outgoing ISP, in this case PN, that the account is closed/

I believe once the MAC has been issued than everything is automatic between your new ISP and BT wholesale. So PN should not screw things up for you. :lol: :lol:
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Leaving

The day you request your MAC is the start of your 30 day notice period.

Any payments that fall due during the notice period have to be paid in full.

After your migration has completed you can claim back any overpayment in respect of days after the 30 day notice period, or your actual date of migration, whichever is the later.

As noted in an earlier post BTw are bad at letting ISP's know when migrations have completed. As soon as your migration has completed open a ticket so that the date is placed on record.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)