cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving plusnet when on LLU

N/A

Whats the crack?

I need internet access to earn a living, and I'm assuming that if I want to leave then plusnet will have to migrate me back to BT before I can transfer to another provider which might result in a loss of access while they transfer me to BT.

Also, with all the issues with LLU what are the chances of not having the pay the £47 defered activation fee. I think it's the least plusnet should do seeing as I want to leave because their product isn't up to scratch.
5 REPLIES
N/A

You can move to another ISP that supports LLU MACs, but not only will you have to pay the £47 deferred activation, if you want to move to another provider that doesn't accept LLU MACs (ie. most of them), then you'll have to pay another £47 on top to move back, as Plusnet refuse to do it. So that'll be a grand total of £94 to move.

If you had any "free" hardware from Plusnet, then the cost of this will have to be added to that amount also.
N/A

i'm in the same boat littlened, its shocking, i want to move to sky for the 10 quid per month (may not be better) but if it means i get a stable fast connection thats fine.

This is the response i got from asking to be moved back to BT Max....

"There is no need to consider a move back to MaxDSL unless we have not been able to resolve your problem by all available means. We have tried to resolve your problem using the profile change tools we have at our disposal but this has not so far totally resolved your problem.

I have now raised your fault with our supplier for investigation. Please allow up to 5 days for an update. "
N/A

so basically because I'm on LLU plusnet have me hook line and sinker.

When did I agree to pay £47 if I wished to move to a non LLU provider?
N/A

When you signed up.

Basically, you accepted the terms that PN can use any supplier for provision of your broadband.
shellsong
Grafter

When did I agree to pay £47 if I wished to move to a non LLU provider?

Basically, you accepted the terms that PN can use any supplier for provision of your broadband.

Twaddle! Accepting the terms that PN can use any supplier does not mean that PN can cause their customers an extra financial burden as a result if they choose to leave-- even if they put that in the T&Cs it would be considered an abuse of customers legal rights