cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving plus net

truvoice
Grafter

Leaving plus net

Im thinking on leaving plus net but I need to know more info about leaving and whether it's really worth the hassle.
Firstly, Im on a 12 month contract, my contract finishes around july and thats when i want to leave. I didn't pay an activation fee I just paid the ADSL initial charge. Ive been seeing topics that you have to pay for something when you leave. Would I have to pay a fee to leave?
Secondly, I have been upgraded to adslmax and the speeds are changing from slow to quick all the time, will this be the same on any ISP i go to?
Will it create any problems with me leaving?
How long will it take for me to be transferred to a new isp
Lastly, has anyone got any reccomendations on good unlimited and reliable isp's.

Thanks
1 REPLY
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Leaving plus net

It sounds like you took advantage of the free activation under the "You stay we pay" scheme in which case you will have to pay the £47 deferred activation fee.

Want the detail? 'You stay we pay' explained.

For every year you stay with PlusNet we'll guarantee that the cancellation cost decreases. What does this mean? If you cancel within the first year, then you will pay £47 for the activation. For every year you stay we'll reduce this by £9.40. If you also choose to take a modem as part of the offer there will be an additional cancellation fee of £25 in the first year and this will reduce by £5 for each year that you stay.

You can choose an annual or monthly contract when you choose broadband. If you choose the monthly contract option in conjunction with this offer there is a one-off charge of £11.75.

Prices correct at time of publication and exclude short term special offers.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)