cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Plusnet warning

N/A

Leaving Plusnet warning

Fantastic not only did plusnet get a free months payment out of me, after I migrated to PIPEX they want another free months payment :shock:
I pointed out their billing error and got this response.

You have raised a migration request until a migration is complete or a cancellation request has been received you will continue to be a plusnet customer.
Regards,

Sorry to say guys have been in contact with the credit card company and I am in the process of printing out my tickets which show clearly I held up my side of the contract. I have been assured by the credit card company they will bill you back and refund me.

Can't you just let customers move on or do you really have to *** them over first.

:x
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Leaving Plusnet warning

To be honest I think you should read the terms and conditions. Just because you threten to leave by asking for your mac code it doesnt mean you have cancelled your account. The terms and conditions are quite straight forward and Im sure your credit card company will abide by them.

My advice is follow the terms and conditions and if it is your intent to leave then cancel in the way PlusNet request.

Chris
N/A

Leaving Plusnet warning

I haven't threatened to leave, I have left!
I've been using PIPEX since 14/06/05
Here is my ticket response to my MAC request made on 31/05/05
All as per T&C :roll:

2005-06-02
15:17:10
Customer Support Centre Actioned :
Here is your MAC key:

MAC key:
Expiry date: 02/07/2005

Please note your account will not be cancelled untill we have confirmation from BT Wholesale that your migration out has been completed. Thank you for your custom.
Community Veteran

Leaving Plusnet warning

Well from the ticket it does seem to imply that they consider you as having left however full details of the ticket would be needed to advise further. If we have the full ticket (minus customer support names) then someone here can advise where plusnet (or you) have gone wrong and what can be done.

Chris
N/A

Leaving Plusnet warning

Ticket: 16681367 Closed
Raised: 2005-05-31 10:30:06 by: You
2005-05-31
10:30:06
You
Open : [Support Wizard Journey]
[Account Change Request]
[Cancellation Request]
[ADSL - Post Activation]
[Cancellation Request]
[Outbound Migration Request]
[Unsatisfactory ADSL Service]
[Pipex Group]
[provide MAC key]
[Additional Information]
Just tired of the regrade fiasco wait/pay/wait
I need 1Mbit by the school holidays!
2005-05-31
16:02:53
xxx xxxx
Customer Support Centre Assigned : Dear Mr xxxxx,
I have just attempted to contact you regarding your cancellation request, unfortunetly there was no answer, we will attempt to contact you again shortly.

Regards,
xxxxxx
2005-05-31
16:22:14
You
Assigned : I'm not in before 6pm
2005-06-01
08:14:25
You
Assigned : But I would still like my MAC key as requested yesterday.
Theres no need to contact me before giving me the key.

Cheers
2005-06-02
15:17:10
xxxxxx
Customer Support Centre Actioned : Dear Mr xxxxx,
Here is your MAC key:

MAC key: BBIPxxxxxxx
Expiry date: 02/07/2005

Please note your account will not be cancelled untill we have confirmation from BT Wholesale that your migration out has been completed. Thank you for your custom.

Regards,
xxxxx
2005-06-14
18:12:47
You
Closed : By Customer via Portal
N/A

Leaving Plusnet warning

Timeline

310505 cancel & get mac request
020605 get given mac
030605 give mac to pipex
080605 get billed by +net
140605 transferred to pipex network
050705 get email from+net saying theyre going to bill me on the 8th
Community Veteran

Leaving Plusnet warning

Looking at your ticket, your account should have canceled on the 1st July, there is a 30 day cancellation period, unless you have any contractual agreements in which case it will be more.

If you have cancelled (which your ticket does indicate) then you should not be billed any extra and they shouldnt be keeping your accout open.

hopefully someone from PlusNet will pickup on this ticket soon.
N/A

Leaving Plusnet warning

Oh, no, I had to cancel a credit card with a previous ISP because they regularly did this, PN seem to be treading the same route.
N/A

Leaving Plusnet warning

Unfortunately no-one from +net has responded, to my ticket or here on the forum.
N/A

Leaving Plusnet warning

I think Ben ( Comms Team) is on his own today. Whether he is in this morning or this afternoon I dont know.

Hopefully he will reply when he sees your post.

A PM to bbrown might help.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Leaving Plusnet warning

Hi There,

I have passed your ticket to a member of our migrations team who have now responded to it.

I hope this makes this clearer.
N/A

Leaving Plusnet warning

I think I'm just going to be stung for the £14.99 cancellation fee cos I left within 12 months. Fair enough it is in the T&C that I agreed to. I guess we will find out soon....
N/A

Leaving Plusnet warning

Did you also sign up to get your credit card incorrectly debited? No, so why should Pn want to take their pound of flesh about cancellation charges.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Leaving Plusnet warning

As this is a fairly public forum I can't go into details of individual cases, however I can say that If a charge is taken incorrectly we will refund it.