cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leave PLUSnet - MAC code

N/A

Leave PLUSnet - MAC code

I tried to contact PLUSNET this after noon and was told by BT tel 0845 002 0173 is no longer in use. What has happened! Has PLUSnet went bankrupt.

I have also send a separate note to PLUSNET at support@plus.net to cancel my order, amongst other issue, include the following:
a) my reason including CHARGING £20.9Cool upfront
b) misrepresentation – NOT 8MB as appeared

Albeit my order was placed over weekend of 8th July, as at today, BT is still activating my line.

My concern is will PLUSNET refuse to release my line and/or not provided me with a MAC code because there is a dispute over payment.
30 REPLIES
N/A

Leaving - Misrepresent

The more I look at the discussion about DSL upgrade, the stronger my belief that PLUSnet has misrepresented itself on their speed. Please correct me if i am wrong - or is there somewhere in your smallprint that did say that it will go slower than 512 KBp. if so - please let me know.
PlusNET of course is within their right to put this in the T&C to pirnt out this in small (tiny) print.
N/A

Leave PLUSnet - MAC code

I don't think any ISP guarantees 8 Mbps, just "up to 8 Mbps"

What's the charge for ? You pay BT for line rental in advance of getting to use the line, BT charges the ISP, and for the most part (unless on PAYG with a variable amount because of a charge per MB of traffic) ISPs charge the customer in advance of providing service.

I see you have a calendar, and surely know it is the time of year when some people (including BT staff) get holiday time and that means there can be some delays... If there's a problem (such as DACS) on your line, then the delay would be similar whichever ISP arranged the activation of ADSL...

As for delaying issue of MAC, then yes, that's a possibility, though even if you cancel, there may be a charge made (by BT, initially) for it, so don't expect it to be too easy to get free of PN, without some charge(s) to pay.
N/A

Leave PLUSnet - MAC code

Initial speeds can be pretty poor... There was a post by some member of staff pointing to this page

Also, depends on where you are (town ? city ? out in the country ?)... can make a difference - some friends are on the edge of their village and currently getting rotten connections (can be offline for 8+ hours a day)...

They're not with PN, but Zen... the exchange is under 5 km away so in theory should be better, but who knows the state of the BT wiring...
N/A

Leave PLUSnet - MAC code

I presume you are a PLUSnet staff.
Could you let me know why PLUSnet have not responded to my request.

As you will be aware PLUSnet’s telephone service is not working.
Tel 0845 002 0173 either provide the message
- no longer in use
- or cut you off
- give you telephone option – press button – give you service status – then cut you off.

Could you send a email to your internal service about my post.

Do you think it will take PLUSnet another week to provide me a MACcode
24 Jul 2006
James
Grafter

Leave PLUSnet - MAC code

He's not PlusNet Staff.

The service is sold as upto 8mbps - not misrepresented.
You're dialling the wrong number - hence why you're getting that message.

Try:

0845 1400 200 / 0906 709 0002
N/A

Leave PLUSnet - MAC code

Sorry, I'm not PN staff... just a user, like most people who post here.

Sorry also if I appear in some way to be taking the ISPs side - and my comments about the summer, and possibility of BT people being on holiday may seem a little harsh - it wasn't meant as an excuse for PN, but a possible reason for some delays that affect people getting things set up.

I mentioned the DACS because a friend had been told by his ISP that everything was "live" one day, and when I went to help him set up his system a few days later, we found there was no connection possible... BT is meant to remove any DACS if they can (sometimes there is no spare wire back to exchange so it isn't guaranteed, just highly likely), and in his case there was a further 10 days delay. (This is either 3 or 4 years ago, and was another ISP, but still it is possible, I'm sure.)
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Leave PLUSnet - MAC code

Hi gracetsang

No member of staff has posted in this thread yet.

There was some planned maintenance on the phone system on Saturday. i don't know if that is when you where getting told the number was not in use.

Also, Plusnet don't monitor support@plus.net, so emailing that address wont help. If I remember correctly I think it just returns an auto message saying so.

The only ways to contact PlusNet is on the phone or the Question Wizard.

Phil
James
Grafter

Leave PLUSnet - MAC code

No member of staff has posted in this thread yet.

Here ensues random coughing fit...
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Leave PLUSnet - MAC code

Sorry James. You hadn't posted before I started my post! I noticed goodvalueisp had posted while I was, but didn't look any further up Shockedops:

Phil
N/A

Leave PLUSnet - MAC code

gracetsang may have been dialling the wrong number for support (finding it is not as easy as it used to be) but the number is the only one listed on the front page of help and support and is listed as 'Service Status Information'.

So how do you get the status of the `Service Status Information`?Huh
James
Grafter

Leave PLUSnet - MAC code

0845 002 0173
N/A

Leave PLUSnet - MAC code

No, this is like a ticket response where the tickets are never read before responses made in an effort to save time and improve stats.

To spell it out in simpler terms - If gracetsang was phoning 0845 002 0173 and being told that the number is no long in use - how do you find out why this is happening? Just repeating the number does not answer this question.

Yes, we know it is working now..........
James
Grafter

Leave PLUSnet - MAC code

Sorry - I completely misunderstood your question.

It's a good one. I guess the only way would be to raise a ticket, or make a post on the forum. Appreciate that this doesn't necessarily help if you have no internet connection.
N/A

Leave PLUSnet - MAC code

True - if the number is faulty, can understand someone getting angry as its the only one showing on that first page.

I didn't remember there was work being done the other day - I sidestepped the phone number issue in the posting, once I'd looked at the "Help + Support" page, and seen that same number. Didn't try ringing it, must admit, but wondered if there was some other reason for not getting through (I've used enough alternative phone services in 12 years to know sometimes they do give wrong "unavailable" tones).