cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leadership in the Service Industry

N/A

I am a happy PlusNet subscriber. Before retirement, I was the chief executive of a PLC company in a fiercely competitive sector of the service industry.

If I were MD of PlusNet, I would be monitoring the Forums (or at least have a trusted member of my staff doing it on my behalf). The board of PlusNet have their shareholders to account to and the "City" and not least their customer base, without which they would not be in business!

If the tirade and kafuffle on the forum is made by a minority of the client base, it nevertheless makes disconcerting reading whatever the truth. By now, if this had happened to my company, I would have visited each of my clients to tell them the exact truth. Now this is plainly not possible for an ISP boss, nor would I expect him to participate in forum madness. What I would have hoped, by now (in view of the torrent of adverse publicity), is to have received a communication from him to explain the company's position and future policies.

Am I expecting too much? I am not that old!
9 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

I am aware that the MD does frequent the forums, and his Comms Team I would say are very good at supporting the users on here.
N/A

If I were MD of PlusNet, I would be monitoring the Forums (or at least have a trusted member of my staff doing it on my behalf).

This is one of the roles performed by the Comms Team. They ensure and have ensured that forum content is relayed up the chain to those who need to know.

In the past, this feedback has had benefits for customers.
LiamM
Grafter

Stew tole me only today that he liaises at least once a day with Lee Strafford.

I believe this only stresses the important work that the Comms guys too, and it's comforting news that the MD takes an active interest in their work also.
N/A

I believe this only stresses the important work that the Comms guys too, and it's comforting news that the MD takes an active interest in their work also.

Yes, that is good, but fails to respond to my point about keeping the, hitherto, loyal client base in the picture. Without them the shareholders and the "City" won’t matter anyway!
N/A

For me, the major difficulty in contacting the entire user base would be the fact that it may lead customers to believe that there is or are problems. And I am not developing that any further.

At the minute the vast majority of the Plus Net customer base are blissfully unaware of the level of discontent from some forum users.

Imagine the confusion and bedlam any general announcement addressing the current concerns, would cause.

If I were lucky enough to be Lee Strafford, I would be happy enough letting sleeping dogs lie.

I am not commenting on the morality of such a stance but on the commercial aspect of it.

If the majority of Plus Nets 113,000 customers are happy with their service, then any such statement would bring down a world of trouble for the CSC and Plus Net and possibly cause major confusion.

Fine, if Plus Net chose to make a statement to alleviate concerns, then the forums may just be the place to do this. But not to the entire customer base.
N/A

I think the mods on the forums are doing a great job. It just seems that people don't think plusnet are, jusging by how many people are voicing their discontent with them.

If I only wanted broadband for web browsing, then plusnet are fantastic, but as an online gamer and p2p user I'm not exactly over the moon with recent events.
N/A

For me, the major difficulty in contacting the entire user base would be the fact that it may lead customers to believe that there is or are problems.

You have an excellent point. However, there are a number of ways that the company can communicate its objectives, without necessarily raising the alarms that you specify.
N/A

From past experience, Communication has been their weakness.

If the recruitment drive for a marketing and communications manager is successful, it may be best to wait until he/she arrives. Smiley
N/A

If the recruitment drive for a marketing and communications manager is successful, it may be best to wait until he/she arrives

A CEO should be the best one a company ever has!