cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laughable support response timeline.

N/A

On Friday the 4th of August I had enough. My MAX DSL had been disconnecting me at least 3 times a day (still does) with my down stream margin going through the roof. So on this day I put in a support call for my Mac code. On the same day an internal comment about confirming asset cease was made on my ticket.

On Wednesday the 9th having not heard any more on the subject I opened a seperate ticket to notify the CSC of there complete lack of support and why I was leaving.

On Saturday the 12th both tickets were responded to by same CSC agent. They were very apologetic and tried to explain the situation. I was offerd the opportunity to be downgraded to my original 2mb connection for free.

On Sunday the 13th, after much deliberation I decided to cancel my Mac request as the offer of the free downgrade was acceptable and there apology seemed sincere.

On Friday the 18th (CSC are always consistent in being slow) this was acknowledged, and both tickets updated as such.

On Wednesday the 23rd, my downgrade ticket was updated with the following information "Re-grade problem....ECO said no.
Regards," That is all.

On Sunday the 27th, I requested a proper explanation of what the hell was going on.

So that's a whole month and nothing, has changed! So much for valuing your long term customer base.
7 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Hi there

Please accept my apologies for the response you received, I have added a clearer response for you and will chase this up with our provisioning team shortly.
N/A

Ok great, but this was not the resaon I made the topic. You really need to get your act together, it's not like you can even blame technology this is just bad customer service.
halfchan
Grafter

You are lucky. I have been waiting 4 weeks for an update on an open ticket. No one loves me. No one wants to talk to me. LOL
N/A

I have the exact same problem, SNR all over the place.

Out of curiosity what exchange are you one?
N/A

cddsystems,

The SNR is not controlled by Plusnet as you know. Not even BT. But if you are having problems with your SNR ( as do I but am able to keep it feesable with this router ) have you tried either using Interleaving or even a change of router.

As I said above, my SNR is up and down and doing the lambada aswell, but by using the D-Link DSL-G604T I have managed to calm the aftershock it has on my line. So whilst the SNR is jumping from 1 to 10 and back to 5 etc I have a steady MSR of 3000 and am synching at just above 3600.

Regards,
N/A

Thanks tom,

Yes I am aware that PN are not in control and have nothing to do with SNR.

The I also sync about 3600, with a snr of 12, and I get a 8 dB variation.

I never loose sync even when the snr goes down to 4dB but I always loose the connection from the exchange to PN.

I use a Netgear DG834GT Router, my ticket has been going on for about 3 months, but for once I do get regular updates. Even just to say we are still looking at it. Which shows they are looking.

The fault is more of a physical layer issue oppose do the data layer being at fault
N/A

Ahh,

The DG834GT. I have had this one also but it did precisely to me what its doing to you. Only with me it could vary from just once in a day to ten plus times.

I know that saying "Go buiy this router or that router" is easier said than done especially for people short on cash, I think you would be pleasantly surprised at the overall cheapness of the DSL-G604T.

As I said im running this one on the latest FW and its holding stable. So as apposed to shooting yourself in the foot asking for 2mb limited would it not be worth trying this alternate router seeing if it works and possibly gaining that extra 1mb?

Ebay list of D-Link's

The link above should take you to a list of auctions. I spotted a G604T currently at £4.99 with 8 hours left.

Regards,